Residence: Tsuchiura, Japan
Hight: 1.64m
Coach: Yasuhiko Ishizu
WTA ranking: 233 (career high 224)
Junior Wimbledon Finalist
50K Gifu Champion
25k Niigata RU
75K Toyota QF

Time for a thread for Japan's best 1992 girl! She beat Nok at Tokyo 100k+H today and will move into top-400 :eek: Hopefully she can follow Kurumi and Misaki's success and have a bright future. :yeah:

GL in R2 of Tokyo Sachie :)

See less See more
#8 ·
Sachie just won her first round match at Wimbledon Juniors. I'm going tomorrow and am looking forward to watching her play, as I've been impressed with her progress so far to the seniors. :D

#9 ·
I think she's able to win the title !! :D
Go Go Sachie !

#10 ·
Jujul :wavey:

I'd like to think she can, but if she were to make the semi-finals she would likely play Laura Robson, who just demolished Risa Ozaki. :scared:

#12 ·
Hey Adam, you're coming more in tennis forum lately : it's great to "see" you back :)
It would be an interesting match if Robson plays Sachie, I don't know who will win, but it must be a nice level of tennis !
Have fun today in wimbledon !!! ;)

#13 ·
:D :hug:
Well I'm back. No one has posted the score, but Ishizu def. Jaksic 4/6 7/6 6/4

To be honest, I wasn't too impressed. I enjoyed watching her, but I'm surprised her WTA rank is as high as it is. The match pretty much revolved around Jaksic is a generic ball basher and is possibly the most annoying player I have ever seen in my life. If she makes it big and behaves like she did in this match, General Messages will crucify the girl. Jaksic has the most annoying grunt ever and after every point, be it a winner or an error from Ishizu, she would scream AJDE at the top of her lungs, much much worse than Ivanovic.
To be frank, Jaksic was also pretty fat and the match could have been over soooo much quicker if Sachie moved her around more, which she didn't. To her credit, Jaksic was incredibly powerful from the baseline and kept moving Ishizu around and overpowering her, yet Sachie continued to hit it back down the centre and wait for an error, which would often come from Jaksic. That, or a really strong winner. In the first set, Sachie hit barely any winners. :eek: After that she seemed to step her game up more, serving well with good placement and mixing her game up more. She has a beautiful net game, when she chooses to use it, and some lovely touch shots and aesthetically, her groundstrokes were simply joyous, incredibly relaxed and effortless looking. Eventually, Jaksic then lost it, and Sachie raced to a 5/2? or so lead in the final set. But as soon as this happened, she went back into the mode she was in in the first set, hitting it down the centre and waiting for an error. Jaksic had a mini comeback but fortunately it wasn't enough.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something really quirky about Sachie. Even when she was down, she appeared completely relaxed and laidback on the court, although she was incredibly pumped up for the big points, shouting come on. She also has a pretty cute hop she does before serving. :shrug:

So all in all, I saw potential and that she had some great tools, but she wasn't using them when needed. So I am hoping I caught her at an off day. Still, it was great to see her for a first time and I wish her luck with the rest of the tournament. She is also on the entry list for the 25k Woking here in the UK in two weeks which I'm probably attending, so hopefully I'll see a better side to her.

And I would say that if she wants to win, she needs to step up her game considerably. I left the match at one point and walked around the grounds and saw the last game of one of the Pliskova twins, who was simply on a different level to anyone else I saw today.

#15 ·
Thanks for your report Adam !! :D
Always a pleasure to read you I really hope she will play better today,
I was , like you, impressed by her results in ITF don't know what's different with junior
maybe the grass is a surface she's not playing a lot ...
...and for the event you speek in two weeks that she entered , is it on grass?
Want to see your pics too :p (and if you have, post about Jaksic too because I imagine with your report what she must be looking, but never saw her!)
THANKS

#16 ·
It's a hard court event. I'm a little busy today, but will post them tomorrow definitely. :D

Glad you enjoyed it. I'll put some Jaksic pictures in as well ;)

#17 ·
Sachie Ishizu(JPN)[10] def. Denisa Allertova(CZE)
6-4 2-6 6-3

:bounce:

Next up is the second seed, Irina Khromacheva. Sachie will need to step it up tomorrow.

#24 ·
Sachie took out Laura Robson in the semis today :D

Also she will be playing some 25ks in Europe the next few weeks! Next week in Spain (hardcourt) and then one in Great Britain. Hopefully she will break top-300 and have some good runs.

#26 ·
Semi: Sachie def. Laura Robson 7-5, 7-6 (5) :hearts: Good luck in the final!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.