Sorana -- Road to the USO 2013!

19K views 471 replies 25 participants last post by  Belle de Jour 
#1 ·
Sorana's back! Here's her Stanford section:

[5]Cirstea v Morita
Q/LL v Niculescu
Goerges v Govortsova
[2]Stosur v BYE

Sorana has a bit of a tricky draw. She's not going to be happy facing Ayumi first round-- she's 2:3 against her, and 1-all on hardcourt. If she gets past Ayumi, she has to face Monica, who she has a losing h2h against.

Still, good luck to her! She has nothing to defend until Cincinnati, but it would be nice to pick up points going into the USO!

#2 ·
I know Stanford was last year immediately after Wimbledon but Sorana made the Semifinals there and it would be nice if she could get as many points back as possible. I expect her to do well as she is coming after 10 days of good training on hard courts in Vegas. She should make at least the 3rd round of not more.

#3 ·
Stanford courts suit Sorana's game perfectly, but that's also the case with Morita.

They know each other very well, not only from their previous encounters, but also from numerous doubles matches they played together. Ayumi is slumping a lot lately, so I would give the edge to Sorana, but you never know with her...

All in all, this is a very good section for her to get some points.

#24 ·
As for now Sorana will have to face two players with more or less the same tennis mindset than hers, but she is having the bigger game.

I would say that the level of tennis she showed against Morita should be enough to win both matches, unless her opponents are peaking all of a sudden.

Reaching SF here would more or less mean a year end Top 30 ranking for her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.