Tennis Forum banner

So, what's Bovina coaching situation right now?

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Andrew. 
#1 ·
Is she still with Joe?

#2 ·
I think so. These Russian girls are clueless on the tennis courts. They are unforced error machines! :mad: And they all need to get the best coaching possible. But it isn't happeneing for most of the Russina's. :(

#4 ·
Evanescence said:
As of the beginning of this year, she was still with Joe.

Haven't heard anything lately... but it's possible they broke up again, since Joe and Lena's family don't have the best relationship.

I've said it before... he needs to go. He's probably the one that wanted Lena to "get in better shape", since he always harps on her movement.
According to one of Russian boards, Joe was seen in Minsk talking to Marat Safin during the Belarus-Russia Fed Cup match. I can't come up with any explanations whatsoever what could he be doing there..

#5 ·
I think she has a new FEMALE coach, she was with some female in Sydney and Melbourne. After all the matches Lena played, the lady would walk with her privately and talk to her about her matches.

Also she thanked her mother and im sure her new femae coach after her Mixed Aus Open win.

#7 ·
I'm glad you finally showed up to this thread, Evanescence. ;)

I think Lena needs a good woman coach and I hope she has one.

#8 · (Edited)
I think Lena should return to the Bollettieri Tennis Academy for some hardcore training. :D She liked it there before. Why not go back?

#12 ·
I'm still trying to figure out who the current coach is.
And what her injury is. And when Lena comes back.

#14 ·
Nothing to work with? Come on EV girl! :mad: Whoever coaches Elena Bovina has 6'3" of hard hitting Russina to work with! :) And that's a great starting point! :D

#16 ·
During the French Open, Mary Joe Fernandez said that Lena had dismissed her old coach, Larissa Neiland, a few weeks earlier. Now she trains in Barcelona at the same tennis academy Sveta trains at.
Lena's new coach is Pep Plasin. Lena's mom, Margarita, travels with Lena.

#17 ·
Lena played well with Plasin as her coach last summer and fall. Lets see what happens in 2005.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.