Tennis Forum banner

Still no Capriati in Dubai?

781 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Diya 
#1 ·
According to a report on the Dubai forum, Jen has still not been seen in Dubai yet, even two days before the tournament. If I remember correctly, Jen arrived pretty early last year (Friday or Saturday I think). Perhaps she is getting some last second back treatments, but I still find it odd.

As much as I really want to believe Jen is playing this tournament, I'm not going to really believe it until she gets there. After what happened with Venus in Philadelphia, I'm not sure what to believe.

#2 ·
JennyS said:
According to a report on the Dubai forum, Jen has still not been seen in Dubai yet, even two days before the tournament. If I remember correctly, Jen arrived pretty early last year (Friday or Saturday I think). Perhaps she is getting some last second back treatments, but I still find it odd.

As much as I really want to believe Jen is playing this tournament, I'm not going to really believe it until she gets there. After what happened with Venus in Philadelphia, I'm not sure what to believe.
Just because the poster didn't see her with his/her eyes doesn't maen she's not there. BTW this is not a shot a Vass' credibility because it was a great report.

#3 ·
OMG is she there yet. I am nervous now. I sure hope that report is wrong because I want her to play so bad so I can have someone to cheer for. Maybe she is just laying low until she plays.

#4 ·
If she asked for a wild card, she will definately be there. She has been working hard and getting ready for this. There is no doubt in my mind that she will not be playing in this tournament. She is ready to play and to kick some major ass! :) Go Jen!!!!

#5 ·
The WTA just put out a statement that Jen is playing and the Dubai website has put Jen's photo on the main part of the website. However, she hasn't been seen there and she was also seen in Chicago just a few days ago.

Maybe Jen is there already but she isn't practicing yet.

#6 ·
JennyS said:
The WTA just put out a statement that Jen is playing and the Dubai website has put Jen's photo on the main part of the website. However, she hasn't been seen there and she was also seen in Chicago just a few days ago.

Maybe Jen is there already but she isn't practicing yet.
I did see her in Chicago, we hit up the club together. That Jenny is a wild one. :devil:

#8 ·
OIm excited she must be feeling well to have sdecided to play earlier than expected and to haver asked entry!!

GO JENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

#10 ·
Vass said that also Mauresmo hasn't shown up yet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.