Tennis Forum banner

AUS TV - 2011 Coverage

124K views 2K replies 86 participants last post by  Chris93 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought it'd be easy to update everyone on when the tennis will be on our boxes ;)

As per usual ABC is showing Hopman Cup Day Sessions & finals live. I presume Night sessions are still on Fox Sports??

Channel 7 showing the usual lot (?) Brisbane, Sydney, Kooyong :)yawn: ) and AO :)

Fox Sports will also have coverage of AO I presume.

Eurosport is showing WTA Sydney in the following spots:
Tuesday 12/1
18:15
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Round of 16 (105min)

Wednesday 13/1
08:30
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Round of 16 (75min)
16:30
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Round of 16 (120min)
18:30
TENNIS: LIVE: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Quarter Finals (105mins)
20:15
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Quarter Finals (70mins)
23:00
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Quarter Finals (180mins)

See less See more
#1,971 ·
Yes, that was nice to hear, like an oasis in a commentary desert.

John Peers looked really pissed at Sam Gross when they shook hands. I would be too. Disgusting jock knob that he is.
Groth looked and acted like he mixed up his roid juice dose. Horrible to watch.

#1,967 ·
7tennis getting a minor battering on Twitter again tonight.

My partner, who is nowhere near as whingey as me, had a hissy fit today when they didn't go back to the Azarenka/Osaka match and turned it off for the rest of the day. When he's behaving like that, you know something's up lol.

#1,970 ·
Serena needs to make the QF. Tbh she really should, she would have straight setted Keys of they'd played today.
@TS are they really showing an 09' replay :eek: :help:

This is off the scale. The actual tournament scheduling has been great but the coverage scheduling... it's so terribly NID that when there's a womans match on RLA there is a decent chance it won't even MAKE it to the television (on either channel), let alone be on the first channel.

It's a fucking disgrace and I am furious. Clearly more Twitter bashing is required.

#1,973 ·
Serena needs to make the QF. Tbh she really should, she would have straight setted Keys of they'd played today.

@TS are they really showing an 09' replay :eek: :help:

This is off the scale. The actual tournament scheduling has been great but the coverage scheduling... it's so terribly NID that when there's a womans match on RLA there is a decent chance it won't even MAKE it to the television (on either channel), let alone be on the first channel.

It's a fucking disgrace and I am furious. Clearly more Twitter bashing is required.
Just recycle the insults I use(d) against you and Scott :)

#1,972 ·
Firmly on the Zhang bandwagon. Nothing short of phenomenal run so far. Fairytale and story of the Open. :worship:

#1,977 ·
Double accents are cool. Heard a German/British one a few months ago and I used to work with someone that had a South African/Aussie accent.

#1,989 ·
Yes I've been very impressed by the coverage. The first test was Svitolina vs Puig or Mahut vs Robert. The choice was obvious was you never know with 7...but they went for the high ranked woman's match on centre court so that was good. Pity it was a boring shitshow that made the choice look bad but good for 7 to do that. Also notice how they keep mentioning Sam's match and had a little featurette with her, was nicely balanced with preparing for the Tomic match :)

Is Bein sports on Fetch??

#1,993 ·
Yes I've been very impressed by the coverage. The first test was Svitolina vs Puig or Mahut vs Robert. The choice was obvious was you never know with 7...but they went for the high ranked woman's match on centre court so that was good. Pity it was a boring shitshow that made the choice look bad but good for 7 to do that. Also notice how they keep mentioning Sam's match and had a little featurette with her, was nicely balanced with preparing for the Tomic match :)

Is Bein sports on Fetch??
That's with Optus isn't it?
I found this link about bein on fetch, looks like you have to pay extra for it:
https://www.fetchtv.com.au/packages/add-on-packages/bein-sports

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.