- View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6
View Single Post
post #2771 of (permalink) Old May 15th, 2013, 07:15 PM
country flag Protoss
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
You want her to take a vacation where she doesnt practice or stay in shape?
She might never be world class again if she does that. After she ended 2012 with 3 finals in her last 5 tournaments, she trained for 2013 and started losing to Pervak, and had an awful January.

She isnt playing terrible. She led Voegele 3-1 in the 3rd, led this match 4-0 in the 3rd.
She doesnt finish, or like Muguruza, Kuznetsova losses, she started those slowly.

I think a few wins and a soft slam draw and she can be back in a slam QF, even on clay or grass.
But she has to get settled in her style of play and mental focus for the 9 months of hardcourt that are coming after Wimbledon. She's already shown she is excellent on hard court and there's no reason to just give that away and become a mediocre player
Just being in a 3rd set against Voegele or Jovanovski was a bad sign even if she had been able to finish those matches. Neither of them were big threats to the top players as Voegele had 0 top 15 wins prior to Charleston this year and Jovanovski had 2 top 15 wins prior to Rome this year, the last one being in Eastbourne in 2011. They both weren't big threats on clay with Voegele having only 2 top 50 wins on clay prior to Charleston with the highest ranking being #40 and Jovanovski having 1 top 50 win on clay prior to Rome with the highest ranking being #46.

Captain Matthew Gideon: I may have an idea.
Dureena Nafeel: I don't think you've recovered from your last good idea.
Captain Matthew Gideon: That would explain it.

Crusade: The Needs of Earth
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome