160K views 3K replies 72 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 · (Edited)
This is Alexandra

Residence : Bucharest, Romania
Date of birth : 03/05/1990
Birthplace : Bucharest, Romania
Height : 1.66m
Weight : 46 kg
Plays : Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface : Clay
Win/Loss Record - Singles : 145 - 70
ITF Women's Circuit singles titles : 7
Career High Singles : 248 (December 20, 2010), current rank is 250

Personally

* Alexandra started playing tennis when she was 4 years old
* Her father, Alexandru, got her on the tennis court for first time
* Short right kick is her preffered shot
* She likes playing offensive on court
* As personal interests are swimming and listening to music

See less See more
#1,515 · (Edited)
She is bossing her around the court right now.

She had her chances in the first set and now it's going down. However, the performance she showed in the opener was the best I've seen her play outside clay, maybe even her best in general. She is definitely improving steadily and will have a shot at the Challenger event next week.

#1,517 ·
What did you expect? :lol:

She was losing to Voegele in 39 minutes a couple of weeks ago.

She outplayed a Top 10 player for one half of the match, just lacked the consistency to pull it through. Her performance in the 1st set was close to the best she can play right now. She was great.

It impressed me that she didn't have problems to keep up in the rallies with Radwanska, after all this is HC.

She was basically finished after that 1st set which took visibly all her energy. But she has improved tons on Hard Court in comparison to last year and there is still some room for improvement left.

#1,523 ·
I saw her live this year and in all honesty, I believe in her chances to become a solid top 50 player and maybe grab a title in the next years...the only thing is that I believe she needs to believe in her cahnces more on the slightly faster courts. Her game is really suitable to those medium speed situation where her "griding" can help her against big hitters, but her aggressive game wouldn't be too penalized by her lack of power. Indoor clay and slow HC (as well as green clay) should fit her the best and IMO she should try to peack for those...call me crazy but I can see her going further in Madrid and Indian Wells than the likes of Bastad or Quebeq city

#1,527 ·
Alexandra has once again changed coaches and is now training together with Alin Illina.

There is a link to her 'Official Site' on the WTA website, but the link seems to be misleading to another non tennis related profile. I don't know if anyone of you can open it.

#1,528 ·
There is a link to her 'Official Site' on the WTA website, but the link seems to be misleading to another non tennis related profile. I don't know if anyone of you can open it.
Nope, not working, it directs to some Alexandra Bour Développeur / Chef de produits Textiles CV :lol:

The good news (for us) is that Safarova is out of Linz and Alexandra got a spot in the MD :yeah:

#1,531 ·
I don't know anything about Illina, but Alexandra has always been quite flexible when it comes to her coaching surrounding usually working with different coaches simultaneously.

I don't think that many things will change in her game or her training environment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.