Tennis Forum banner

MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

67K views 1K replies 79 participants last post by  heelsrule1988 
#1 · (Edited)
I see nobody has bothered to open a thread for this yet... :spit:

Title suggestions more than welcome...if you care for this tournament.

Good Luck Masha. :cheer:

#2 ·
Re: Madrid 2013

Madrid 2013: ClayPova's Quest for the Elusive Dildo Trophy :oh: :sobbing:

But seriously...I really have no idea what this thread title should be :lol:

#6 ·

honestly, Rome can't come soon enough for me:zzz:
but as it stands, Pova would once again ascend to the trone as the rightful Numero Uno if she won this irrelevant thing called Madrid. Dilemma I guess?

#10 ·

honestly, Rome can't come soon enough for me:zzz:
but as it stands, Pova would once again ascend to the trone as the rightful Numero Uno if she won this irrelevant thing called Madrid. Dilemma I guess?
That's true, Maria is only 125 points behind Serena once 2012 Madrid points are taken out.

In theory, Maria just needs to advance one round deeper than Serena, (SF/QF, F/SF, W/F), to ascend to the throne.

#15 ·

This will be the first time Serena and Maria meet in the final as No. 1 and No. 2 seeds if both get there. It should be a great match and my money will be on Maria.
they met in miami this year :hysteric: as no.1 and no.2 seed :cool:

i don't think serena will come easily through final, in miami was tough already, cibulkova choked :tape: we will se, i would like her to win there becouse she never did, it would be nice :bounce:

#13 ·

I honestly couldn't care less about Madrid.
If only Maria could skip this and focus all of her energy on Rome.

#16 ·

I honestly couldn't care less about Madrid.
If only Maria could skip this and focus all of her energy on Rome.
Just wait until she wins the tournament. Trust me, you will care. :lol: Seriously though, why does everyone seem to prefer a Rome title over Madrid? She's already won Rome a couple of times and Madrid is a premier mandatory. I understand that Rome has a longer tradition, but as said - she already won that one twice. I'd be happy with either title but if I had to choose between the two I'd take Madrid, at least this time.

#27 ·
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Not To Suck (That Dildo)

Changed. If people find it offensive etc I'll change it to a more PG title...
I can't think of anyone in SS who is overly sensitive :lol:

#28 ·

This thread title is f*cking atrocious. :help: SS at an all-time low. :help:

#30 ·

I would love her to win Madrid and if it happens I would be so happy with her result on Clay this season. I dont care much about Rome and FO-2013. Because she was mentally exhausted after a long schedule from Stuttgart to FO last year and was handed over the defeat so early at Wimbledon. So if she wins here at Madrid I want her to win Wimbledon this year rather than FO (I want her to win both). As many people said Rome was getting bored. If she wins here then I think she can skip Rome to conserve energy for the Big one at Paris.

#31 ·

May I suggest "Grab the trophy by the horns"? Or whatever you want but that title :tape: not that I'm sensitive but... come on :lol:

#39 ·
Apparently surface is to be carefully designed so that it is in all effect identical to RG surface, obviously there will still be a difference with the altitude but I'm intrigued to see how it plays.

IDK bout the rest of you but I'm more excited about 500 than the prospect of another title, it's such an amzing milestone. :inlove:

#42 ·
Claypova thankyou for using that gif as your avi :hysteric:
seeing it so many times in threads seriously makes me wet myself

As for Madrid, anything beyond the QF is a bonus. Yes they've changed the surface to mirror RG but Rome actually plays like RG. Thats just like saying a randon blonde russian looks like Sharapova, but noone can play like her :devil:

#46 ·
One bonus for her in playing Madrid....she does not have to spend all those hours practicing....She said a day with a match is easier for her than her grueling workouts.....the lady protesteth....all she wants, as far as I am concerned.

#47 ·
It would be great to win Madrid because she's never won it before and it is a Premier Mandatory tournament but if I had to chose I would still pick Rome because it would be the first time she's won the same title three times and in a row too. She would also be on a high entering RG on the back of a tournament win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.