Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments - TennisForum.com
 18Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2017, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SoulDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bergen
Posts: 1,402
                     
Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

I see Garbine is due to play Tokyo this month, where else has she entered?
SoulDeath is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2017, 10:43 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,266
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulDeath View Post
I see Garbine is due to play Tokyo this month, where else has she entered?
Wuhan and Beijing I suspect. That being said she already has played 4 of the 5 Premier-5 Events so who knows if she plays Wuhan.
2_for_the_money and SoulDeath like this.
TennisFed is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2017, 01:48 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,266
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Garbines Autumn Schedule looks like this now

Tokyo
Wuhan
Beijing
2 weeks rest
Singapore

Gotta hope she can get YE # 1 now. Similar like last year but Garbines Average is much better than 2016. Maybe she surprises us and plays like 2015. Last fall too many injuries popped up. This year she looks fit to me.
TennisFed is offline  
 
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 203
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFed View Post
Garbines Autumn Schedule looks like this now

Tokyo
Wuhan
Beijing
2 weeks rest
Singapore

Gotta hope she can get YE # 1 now. Similar like last year but Garbines Average is much better than 2016. Maybe she surprises us and plays like 2015. Last fall too many injuries popped up. This year she looks fit to me.
I'll say.

I hope she can win one of Tokyo/Wuhan/Beijing, just to get the "#1 winning a tournament" off her back, but making a semi or two and playing well would be quite fine for me.
palttoonnappi is online now  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2017, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SoulDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bergen
Posts: 1,402
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Good win today She was rusty at the start but regrouped and charged forward! Keep going Garbine
SoulDeath is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Senior Member
 
2_for_the_money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,004
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

That was #1-esque really. She was also all smiles and congratulated the fans in Japanese as well, a real personality and figure #1 needs to possess and carry around. Slaybiñe, God i love her!
SoulDeath likes this.
2_for_the_money is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2017, 11:50 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,266
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_for_the_money View Post
That was #1-esque really. She was also all smiles and congratulated the fans in Japanese as well, a real personality and figure #1 needs to possess and carry around. Slaybiñe, God i love her!
She speaks Japanese I didn't know that. Cool that is.
TennisFed is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Senior Member
 
2_for_the_money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,004
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFed View Post
She speaks Japanese I didn't know that. Cool that is.
She expressed in oncourt interview that she likes playing in Tokyo that it is 4th year already. Interviewer reminded her that she was a qualifier 4 years ago and look where are you now!

Everyone was happy, fans were amused by the game, Garbiñe is always good around them all, she is always charming and also humble in defeat. She is simply best! Real #1!
SoulDeath likes this.
2_for_the_money is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2017, 12:09 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,266
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_for_the_money View Post
She expressed in oncourt interview that she likes playing in Tokyo that it is 4th year already. Interviewer reminded her that she was a qualifier 4 years ago and look where are you now!

Everyone was happy, fans were amused by the game, Garbiñe is always good around them all, she is always charming and also humble in defeat. She is simply best! Real #1!
Hopefully we get a Rematch with Caro. In Miami Garbine couldn't give her all. I liked how aggressive she was especially in that 2nd Set; continued to come forward. I still would like Conchi part of Garbines Team. Sam is too fiery sometimes when she needs more of an relaxing easy-going coach. Garbi changed so much this year to an attractive, charming young woman.
2_for_the_money and SoulDeath like this.
TennisFed is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Senior Member
 
2_for_the_money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,004
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFed View Post
Hopefully we get a Rematch with Caro. In Miami Garbine couldn't give her all. I liked how aggressive she was especially in that 2nd Set; continued to come forward. I still would like Conchi part of Garbines Team. Sam is too fiery sometimes when she needs more of an relaxing easy-going coach. Garbi changed so much this year to an attractive, charming young woman.
Yeah she is making this physical and mental transition. She is not Garbi-girl anymore but a big mean woman. I like when I see her killer face on and when she is so confident and cool as ice like today. Hopefully she will not be taken out of that comfort zone too often. First big test here could be Garcia in QF since she is a big hitter, later on Kerber/Plisko! I dont see any of Woz/Cibu troubling her here.
2_for_the_money is offline  
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Senior Member
 
HelloMugsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,312
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFed View Post
She speaks Japanese I didn't know that. Cool that is.
She doesn't exactly speak it.....but she said arigatou gozaimasu which I'm sure the locals appreciated

I don't think the schedule is too bad considering her age is prime, hope she's able to see it through.
2_for_the_money likes this.
HelloMugsie is offline  
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2017, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SoulDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bergen
Posts: 1,402
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_for_the_money View Post
Yeah she is making this physical and mental transition. She is not Garbi-girl anymore but a big mean woman. I like when I see her killer face on and when she is so confident and cool as ice like today. Hopefully she will not be taken out of that comfort zone too often. First big test here could be Garcia in QF since she is a big hitter, later on Kerber/Plisko! I dont see any of Woz/Cibu troubling her here.
Mean???!

She is El gran jefe!
2_for_the_money likes this.
SoulDeath is offline  
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SoulDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bergen
Posts: 1,402
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Well, apparently it is a sin to have squeaky shoes!

Maybe she should wear old lady's slippers on court.
2_for_the_money likes this.
SoulDeath is offline  
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SoulDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bergen
Posts: 1,402
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Garbine did not look good today She liked the usual fire in her face and on court body language which was sad to see. She did not attack which was disappointing. Her coach said something about not having the energy, so perhaps she is unwell or had no sleep? I hope she recovers soon if she is unwell.
Maybe she had some bad sushi?
SoulDeath is offline  
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 07:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 203
                     
Re: Garbine's Autumn 2017 Tournaments

Onward to Wuhan, unless Garbine is unwell she will probably not withdraw (?). Not an easy draw.

I would not mind Mladenovic waking up a bit and winning 2 matches to set up a match with Garbine.
2_for_the_money likes this.
palttoonnappi is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome