Tennis Forum banner

Welcome back Romy, the ROSE - Romina Oprandi cheering thread

27K views 237 replies 13 participants last post by  Qalahari 
#1 · (Edited)
Romina Oprandi decided to represent Switzerland again :hearts:
She is the clear number one from the country now :)

#105 ·
She was talking about retirement if she needs another surgery.

And now she is playing doubles after having like 7 injuries in Round 1.

I think this is really strange... shoulder injury etc. affects her in doubles as well.
I really don't understand this.

#111 ·
First: I don't understand (really) why she played Doubles at Wimbledon(IIRC two DOubles matches) after her retirement in Singles against Riske with a shoulder injury... that was really strange.

Second: I really hope she will come back 2014. This time she was a Top 32 Player and she probably saw that she can compete with the best Players. She is still young so I really hope she will give one last try with professional tennis...

#112 ·
She posted a response to Bartoli's retirement on twitter: "its a pity we wont see u anymore on court. but well done for ur great career"
Does that mean she is planning to come back? :)

#113 ·
I saw it too and think it sounds quite bizarre because she probably retires as well at the same time.

I really hope she can come back for January and she will only play a few tournaments and most of them on clay...

#121 ·
100K Midland, Doubles

R1: Govortsova/Oprandi (BLR/SUI) d. (wc)Davis/Rogers (USA/USA) 64 61
QF: Govortsova/Oprandi (BLR/SUI) d. (3)Daniilidou/Krunic (GRE/SRB) 61 63

:banana:

#126 ·
Romina will play ITF in Columbia now (Medellin) on red clay (outdoors).
I really that she will not overplay again (like last year in summer) because she need to stay fit for the big tournaments...

I wonder why she stayed in America and not play Katowice or something like that, but anyhow we know that she loves the ITF tour :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.