Tennis Forum banner

Nadia Petrova 2013

15K views 156 replies 15 participants last post by  G&R 
#1 ·
According to her homepage www.petrovadreamteam.com Nadia starts in Sydney :p

Best of luck and a lot of success in 2013, Nadia ! ;)

#107 · (Edited)
RG. Her section:

Nadia Petrova [11] - Monica Puig
Madison Keys - Misaki Doi
Irena Pavlovic [WC] - Shelby Rogers
Carla Suarez Navarro [20] - Simona Halep

Sabine Lisicki [32] - Sofia Arvidsson
Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor - Julia Glushko [Q]
Ayumi Morita - Yulia Putintseva
Sara Errani [5] - Arantxa Rus

Nadia's been in a bit of a tailspin, but she should at least win her opening match against Puig, who is playing her first Slam main draw.

Next two matches will be tricky however. Nadia's got Rd32 points to defend from last year :unsure:

Reactions: rucolo
#108 ·
Who's Petra? :lol:
Anyway after a disappointing loss to Suarez (a talented player indeed who can play on clay, the disappointment coming from the many wasted chances to win the match). I hope it hasn't affected her confidence, she has to bring her best game in Paris for her very first match against Puig. She plays Tomorrow on court 2, second match (it will be streamed). GL Nadia!

#111 ·
Another choke :(. I hope she can turn this season around on grass...she needs to otherwise she will drop out of top 20 soon. I think she never lost in the first round of a slam more than once a year so this is quite a low point for her. come on Nads get your head together

#112 ·
Pathetic loss :eek: And disgusting choke in 3rd set. 4-2 -> 4-6 :help:

Nadia is not changing. She is mentally so incredibly weak. I have no words. I saw the choke in livestream and it was awful. Nadia was very nervous and made lots of stupid UEs. Puig just kept the ball in play and let Nadia self-destruct. A new low.

#113 · (Edited)
Eastbourne draw:

(1)Radwanska v Q
(wc)Konta v Hsieh
Zakopalova v Safarova
(wc)Stosur v (8)Petrova

Tough draw. Nadia's 5-36-3 against Sam, and she's 1-0 against even with her on grass, but since Nadia's been sucking since she departed from Sanchez, I expect her to lose :eek:

Hope she proves me wrong :unsure:

Anyway, she needs to do well here. Her 's-Hertogenbosch title points will come off this week!

#114 ·
^ I have to correct you, Tennis Fool. First Nadia leads Head To Head 6-3 against Stosur, and not 5-3. And second Head To Head against Stosur on grass is 1-1, and not 1-0. Eastbourne 2008 Nadia won 6-3 6-3. And Eastbourne 2011 Stosur won 6-1 6-4.

Agree with you. Expect Nadia to lose too. I lost all my hope in her :(

#115 ·
I have to correct you, Tennis Fool. First Nadia leads Head To Head 6-3 against Stosur, and not 5-3. And second Head To Head against Stosur on grass is 1-1, and not 1-0. Eastbourne 2008 Nadia won 6-3 6-3. And Eastbourne 2011 Stosur won 6-1 6-4.
I know you wanted to good rep me with shame :p , but had to spread it around :angel:

I do live in fear of you, and although I try be correct, I post sometimes really fast! Can't believe I messed up two facts here though. Fixed the previous post.

Agree with you. Expect Nadia to lose too. I lost all my hope in her :(
Went down tamely, 2 & 3.

#117 ·
She drew Pliskova in Wimbledon. She should be really careful, Pliskova has won Nottingham and did well last year in Wimbledon IIRC. Please Nadia wake up and go far here, you have the chance and the game to do it

#118 ·
Her section:

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova [21] - Tsvetana Pironkova
Barbora Zahlavova Strycova [Q] - Magdalena Rybarikova
Anna Tatishvili - Petra Martic
Nadia Petrova [13] - Karolina Pliskova

Don't have to look further; she will lose to Pliskova.

#121 ·
Don't have to look further; she will lose to Pliskova.
:sobbing: :crying2:

Nadia, some tips for you. Move your feet, serve well, hit the return in court, stay focused, fight hard, do not collapse under pressure. Do it :eek:

#119 ·
Nadia won Eastbourne doubles title with Srebotnik ! :cheer:

WTA doubles title #24 for Nadia. Time to win matches in singles too :p

#125 ·
Grand Slams 2013

R1 Aus Open
R1 French Open
R1 Wimbledon

A new low. Never it has been worse in Nadia`s career :rolleyes:

#129 ·
From Nadia`s facebook

"Hello Everyone. I know it's been a while, I'm always extremely busy on the road multi-tasking, playing tennis and trying to interact with my fans so I’m glad I got a moment to reach out to you! I'm currently back in the states doing physical therapy after confirming an injury to my hip. I struggled in Europe on clay, and then on grass in the UK due to a tear they found in my ligament. Recovery is coming along great and I will be back on the courts soon. It looks like I will be back on tour starting in Toronto! I thank you all for your continued support! Please stay connected though our website www.petrovadreamteam.com and our social media pages".

#131 ·
From Nadia`s facebook

"Hi there. I'm sure you're all wondering why I wasn't in Toronto and now Cincy. Sadly I must report I'm still not ready or strong enough to play. The same injury from europe has been nagging and I'm trying my hardest to be ready for US Open. I thought I would be ready as soon as Toronto after withdrawing in Washington but as you can see, our bodies know best. Thanks for your continued support and I promise along with my team to keep you all up to date as things change. Looking forward to being healthy, strong and ready to give you all some good tennis to watch in NY. See you soon." - Nadia
Back on tour and practicing at the US OPEN. Thanking all of my fans for their support and patience. I hope to see you in the next two weeks at my matches. Nadia...
At least Nadia can play the US Open ! :)

#132 ·
USO. Her section:

PETROVA, Nadia RUS [20] - Qualifier (Q)
Qualifier (Q) - VICKERY, Sachia USA (W)
SANCHEZ, Maria USA (W) - HANTUCHOVA, Daniela SVK
Qualifier (Q) - STOSUR, Samantha AUS [11]

Nadia has Rd16 points to defend, but being out of match form, will probably not get that far. She will come into the tournament a total wildcard.

#133 ·
Defintely possible 3rd round against Sam/Daniela. Even if she was injured these first rounds are very winnable. Let's see in what kind of form Nadia is at the momemt. Please Nads, we need to save some ranking points, don't we?

#136 ·
US Open

PETROVA, Nadia RUS [20] - GLUSHKO, Julia ISR
LUCIC, Mirjana CRO - VICKERY, Sachia USA
SANCHEZ, Maria USA - HANTUCHOVA, Daniela SVK
STOSUR, Samantha AUS [11] - DUVAL, Victoria USA
Best of luck, Nadia ! :kiss:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.