TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post
post #2189 of (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2013, 04:34 AM
country flag Protoss

Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
What do we make of this quote from Caro on whether she should have given her coaches more time :-
"In hindsight, I should have done that. On the other hand, it was a good experience for me. I need to take the high road, and I'm too good of a player to try out things. I just knew it wasn't right. It didn't feel right and it wasn't the right time. Mentally, I needed someone there and it's fine when they can push me a bit, but everyone needs different things and I know what I need."
I think intellectually Caro believes that she should've given her coaches more time but emotionally she needs to be in her comfort zone with Piotr. I find it a bit curious that she says "it wasn't the right time". Could it be that Caro thinks there may come a time when she should break away from Piotr?

What the heck does "too good of a player to try out things" mean? Caro's not that good of a player that she shouldn't be trying to add to her game. Even all time greats sometimes add to their games like Fed adding a drop shot several years ago.

Captain Matthew Gideon: I may have an idea.
Dureena Nafeel: I don't think you've recovered from your last good idea.
Captain Matthew Gideon: That would explain it.

Crusade: The Needs of Earth

Last edited by Protoss; Apr 24th, 2013 at 07:01 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome