TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2013 Season - Volume 14
View Single Post
post #604 of (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2013, 04:54 PM
country flag miskejj

Re: Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2013 Season - Volume 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSwing View Post
JJ is my FAVORITE player in the ladies' side of things and I am thrilled she is back in great shape and hungry again. I believe in her and I believe in her chances for this coming French Open. I watch the match, of course, and while I respect Serena ( who could not?) I do not enjoy her personally,matching as a tennis player. I think this whole "Williams sisters are the only thing keep tennis alive" is a load of crap. I never tune in specific to watch one of the sisters, never have. Henin, Clijsters, Mauresmo, Safina, JJ, Azarenka ... Those are names that would get me to watch women's tennis. I guess I like Venus, but Serena, my personal opinion, while great, is a bad sportswoman. I guess the great ones are all spoiled brats, but I like how JJ stood up to Serena's sh$t , even though it cost her the whole focus of this match. I like it. Moremofmthese women need to walk on court with their heads saying, "I will BEAT this woman" when it comes to Serena.

Only gripe I have with women tennis now is that so many girls have this head-crap and don't believe. Henin never walked on court scared of Serena. Clijsters was not scared. vaporization was not scared, way back. Hingis was not scared (until she got scared!). JJ is not scared, either. I prefer a healthy, fighting JJ to anybody on the women's game now. Hope she peaks in Paris and gets the right draw to get the Slam her talent deserves.
Well said...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome