Tennis Forum banner

Ana in Monterrey

4K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  azdaja 
#1 ·
First round against Sirotkina from Russia, if she win she will play against Babos or Sanchez.
Go Ana for the title :worship:

#4 ·
If Ana wants to be in top 10 again she needs to win tournaments like this. Not just because it's International event, but because of the player list. She is the girl with the most successful career of all of them. She needs this title. :D

#6 ·
:cheer: Don't find a way to lose.

#7 ·
She is playing first match in evening session today - 7pm local time :)

#8 ·
A nice double bagel to start. 1st since 2008.

There is quite a difference between top 20 and challenger level players.

Ana's serve needs to get fixed though.. can't get a first serve in.. Good players take advantage of that.

#11 ·
I think last one was against Cetkovska on RG :hearts:

#12 ·
:lol: No Ana win is ever sure, and double bagels even less sure :lol::cheer:.

#20 ·
Probably because they can get decent attendance to all 4 CC matches if they put them in the afternoon.

I mean if the tournament was in my town and I couldn't see half of the day matches just because I was at school I'd hate it (Monterrey is not Novi Sad and tennis is not football:sad::lol:). That said it's definitely not good for the players and us for that matter :(

#21 ·
A loss that followed every usual Ana pattern.. including the 2 game win in the third set and the virtual bagel.

First loss to a player ranked outside top 100 since Julie Coin in 2008 (she also lost to Venus when she came back from injury, but that's special circunstances).

#24 ·
I was so shocked when I saw result few minutes ago, but at the very next moment I realized I shouldn't be.

She is not so interesed in International events, I don't think she is upset with this result. I know we all would be happy if she would play better on Internationals, but it's just not happening. As much as I like to see Ana playing more often, I realized that I should just accept the fact Ana is motivated only in big events.

See you on clay guys. :)

#25 ·
Ana you FLOP. This is just so bad...

#28 ·
What a shocking result.Even Jankovic's ghost can win a micky mouse torunament these days but Ana loses to Moritas and Baboses:help:

I dont want to believe the "she doesnt care about internationals" theory.That would mean she's just playing for pay checks which would make it even worse in my eyes.

#32 ·
if ana cared about internationals she would enter them more often in the first place, given her ranking :shrug: of course, it's not the only problem. if you don't play tennis you don't get into the rhythm, you forget what it feels like to win, your work ethics get even poorer etc. it makes all the already existing problems even more complicated.

i don't really care anymore, really. i can't even feel happy when she wins something because it means nothing. a month ago i had time to watch parts of her old matches and highlights from her best period. and after that it makes no sense to get envolved in following her now, really.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.