TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6
View Single Post
post #1487 of (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2013, 05:04 PM
country flag bruce goose

Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
It's probably as simple as they don't want to. It's worth noting not to long ago ATP Houston used to be on green clay and recently changed to red clay. Green clay is pretty much an existing surface from when the tour was US dominated. I imagine sooner or later Charleston will reach a point where they will either fold as a tournament or have to change their surface to red clay. It just has a horrendous spot on the calendar, I mean who is going to want to play on green clay, a surface that only this event is played on, on the back of a long month in Indian Wells and Miami, and then leads to nothing. The candidates is basically Americans or people who are desperate for form/points. I would imagine Charleston has some decision making to do after the Williams' retire.

Stuttgart installed red clay for the same reason, it gives them the best chance of attracting top players.
When you post 'don't want to',do you mean apathy??That would be par for the course for a culture/country that is utterly collapsing and will be almost irrelevant,in terms of world power,50 years from now.Well,I'm certainly not gonna wish injury even on one of Caro's 'enemies'(i.e.,a player who's been hostile towards her,for lack of a better term to use).

However,I'd LOVE to see one of the Americans' top ATPers(whoever the fuck that might be)get an achilles tendon tear on the green clay...and then loudly blame the Charleston surface afterwards...now THAT would be justice

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome