35K views 157 replies 26 participants last post by  10sE 
#1 · (Edited)
For mboyle who lives in Texas :kiss: :lol:

First post starts with an upset :lol:

from Ok. St.'s website;

No. 51 Oklahoma State 4, No. 6 Texas 3

April 22, 2012 | Stillwater, Okla. | DeBois Tennis Complex

DOUBLES | Order of finish: 3,1,2

No. 1 – No. 58 Malika Rose/Kanyapat Narattana (OSU) def. Krista Damico/C. Gaytan-Leach (UT) 8-4
No. 2 – No. 42 Lina Padegimaite/Noel Scott (UT) def. Mary Jeremiah/Meghan Blevins (OSU) 8-5
No. 3 –C.C. Sardinha/Isabela Miro (OSU) def. Elizabeth Begley/Aeriel Ellis (UT) 8-4

SINGLES | Order of finish: 5,6,1,4,3,2*

No. 1 – No. 62 Krista Damico (UT) def. C.C. Sardinha (OSU) 6-1, 6-3
No. 2 – Malika Rose (OSU) def. No. 30 Aeriel Ellis (UT) 6-4, 4-6, 6-2

Ellis is having a BAAAD year..

No. 3 – Meghan Blevins (OSU) def. Noel Scott (UT) 6-2, 6-4

I guess this isn't an upset? Wasn't Blevins quite highly ranked at TRN?

No. 4 – Kanyapat Narattana (OSU) def. C. Gaytan-Leach (UT) 7-6(5), 6-2

No. 5 – Lina Padegimaite (UT) def. Mary Jeremiah (OSU) 6-0, 6-1

Hmm, they played Lina at #5

No. 6 – Elizabeth Begley (UT) def. Isabela Miro (OSU) 6-2, 6-4

See less See more
#67 ·
They run a tough program at Baylor and don't put up with much nonsense. The fact that one can't transfer twice without sitting out means he can take transfers and have them on a tight leash. If she's talented and not playing, it's most likely because she is not willing to work as hard as Scrivano wants her to work.

#68 · (Edited)
Reguardless its pretty stupid to 1) have a talented player and not play her and 2) waste a scholarship ona player and not play her. JS already has a very bad reputation which makes it tough for recruiting top players Hes not doing his reputation any good treating players that way. Word gets around. At he end of the day he will still need to recruit players while Craft moves on. Treating players that way will hurt him in the long run. Who will even transfer there with that treatment. Besides sacrificing the 6 spot is not smart . Especially if its just to make a point and not good for the team. Also if that tight ship is making many of ur players leave the ship needs to loosen up or sink. Jusy saying. :) And no im not.famly.

#71 ·
Regarding Craft, at a certain point, it's the player, not the program. I know that JS doesn't have the best reputation, but Jeff Wallace at Georgia is one of the most well-respected college coaches around, and she had some snide remarks presumably about Georgia when she first transferred to Baylor. I really believe that after so many years of competing and living pretty much alone in the juniors, some girls just don't respond well to the team environment (ex. Julia Cohen), and switching schools usually doesn't help.

#74 ·
Lots of flawed logic in that last post. Not all college coaches are equal. Many are bad, but some are very good. Lack of player development has more to do with other factors in most cases, IMO. If great coaching always produced great players it would all be so simple. A skilled builder can no more build a great house with poor material than an idiot with the finest supplies.

Don't know Craft. Do know two very different and if not good then at least very successful coaches didn't want her on their team.

#75 · (Edited)
You calling my logic flawed is of no concern to me. Just because 2 of ur college coaching friends claim they wouldn't put her on their team, doesn't mean a thing. Maybe she never considered their school in the recruitment process. ( get over it) It doesnt make her " poor material". She has had coaches and already a level of development and success. Bottom line, she can play. Most of the college women have some bad attitude and diva in them. Baylor WT definitely has its share. Btw , regardless of what most college coaches will say, tennis is still and always will be an individual sport and the "team environment" is secondary to the individual player performing on the court by themselves with no help from rhe team. ( other than doubles and the cheering) Again, secondary. Will coaches will give a scholarship to a player who has a great team attitude, but can't win matches, or the player with a bad attitude but can win matches. At the end of the day. The coaches will take the best player available.

Craft is a great girl who is young and probably made some mistakes, but who hasn't. She deserves to play. At least she wants to play. But its ok, because maybe can just be patient and wait it out because rumors are saying JS interviewed for the Pepperdine WT job.

#76 ·
Well, now it's out in the open that she wants to transfer. Let's see how many coaches come knocking on her door, especially knowing that she would have to sit out a year if she plans on playing in Division I.

Let me also just say that I disagree with your opinion that College Tennis is not a team sport. It certainly is. In addition to doubles, it's important that each team member even if they don't win, stays on the court long enough to relieve some of the pressure from their teammates. It depends on the players pushing each other everyday in practice to get better and better, competing for spots in the line up. Also, as a team, the players have to work together along with the coaches to try to draw the best possible recruits to their institutions and to see to it that said recruit will be a good fit with the returning players. I'm not sure how it is at Baylor, but at many of the other top schools, not only are the women teammates, but also, best friends. The good coaches reinforce this well with team building activities.

#84 ·
Look I don't doubt that he will interview for the Pepperdine job when that guy retires. Who can blame him for wanting to get out of Waco, Texas and head to Cali? Permanently AND for fall tournaments etc.! The place is a dump. It is also far from a sure thing that he gets it. I have heard that the UCLA assistant is the first in line for the job and there will be many other very good coaches that go for it. If JS reputation is as bad as you say it is then it's going to get back to that Pepperdine AD as well.

All I'm saying is that what you have heard is most likely a rumor. I don't doubt JS desire to go to Pepperdine and I don't doubt that facts you have stated that contributed to the rumor but as someone that has worked in athletic administration trust me when I say there have not been any formal interviews for the Pepperdine job yet and if there had been any clandestine ones, neither you nor I would know about them.

#87 ·
The Baylor Pushers(Bears) Lost again to Texas A&M 4-1. Its so funny watching Baylor play, big strong "Bearly" women, pushing the ball like 12 yr olds. Pathetic. I guess "pushing" is good enough to win the Big 12 and that's all he wants. Which is why all the elite teams beats them to a pulp... Florida, UCLA, Texas A&M, even the Vandebilt and Miami, They aren't big in size but they hit big girl balls. Baylor's plays high level 12/14 and under tennis. Especially in doubles, horrible.

Note to Joey S. don't recruit big size, big hitting girls if you want pushers. Smaller girls run down balls better. Teach your girls to use their size and HIT a ball faster than 20 mph.

#93 ·
It's funny with the LONG history of J.S. being VERY difficult, Craft is the one being labeled as difficult. I don't think she had any problem with any of her teamates. They all got along pretty well. The problem was with the coaching system not the other players. Not sure why J.S recruited her. He didn't like her or her game, and it was obvious. She actually tried to comply with everything that was stipulated for her to stay. But ball strikers will suffer in his system. ( recruits beware) She wasn't the only player that had problems with J.S. and his system. Craft probably won't be the only player leaving.

#94 ·
Could it be that the most obvious answer is the correct one? Could BOTH Craft and Scrivano be huge pains in the arse?!?! :haha:

Craft washing out of two top programs, it's hard to believe she's a great kid. Scrivano's team being a carousel of transfers, in and out. Everyone knows what he's all about.

#114 ·
Don't know much about James-Baker but according to her results from last year she should be a great addition to the lady Bears. A 5 star recruit out of the juniors but seems to be playing better than that as of late with some great matches in the ACC. She should definitely help fill the void of Jordaan S. leaving.

#118 ·
Talk about sic em bears. Details!?. And only 3 girls?! Geez

#120 ·
I heard KG lured Robinson (walk on) into her apartment and beat her up. Filed charges today. Went to the emergency room with black eye and concussion. If KG doesn't get kicked off the team, it will be another sad day in JS's dishonest career. Surely Baylor has better morals than that. I know JS doesn't.

#121 ·
Oh, love this. Just heard that Robinson had meeting with Ken Starr (President of Baylor) today and he cancelled 15 minutes before meeting. Guess he doesn't want to deal with the problems in his school . . . . especially when the problem is line 1 . . . .

How does Class 3 felony fit in JS's roster of 3 . . . .

Girls are lured into the program - almost all transfers - with promises of a better situation and then they are threatened and lied to until they leave or Baylor finds a "reason" to let them go. Guess who got let go after altercation . . . Robinson . . . .

KG has fractured hand - can't play for 2 months. Obvious who was on the receiving end of that beating. 5'5" Robinson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.