Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

431K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#2,781 ·
These are the other Qualifiers so far: Paszek, MLDB, Shapatava, Pervak, Bertens, Wozniak, Kovinic, Beygelzimer, Zanevska and Min... If Anett couldn't beat half of them I don't know who could... Hell she even has beaten a lot of them and if she hasn't has beaten people who they just beat like Rogowska, Konjuh etc. I know she had a really easy draw to get to this stage but this still pisses me off as I think she had a lot better chance of winning a round in MD than they did...

Still, she has proven that when she doesn't choke or stuff-up, Anett has a very nice Clay game which will hopefully hold her in good stead for the future :) Only a week to prepare for Grass :eek: :)

#2,782 · (Edited)
Anett Kontaveit said:
Thanks for the warm up Almags #hehe #nogoodluckcharmtho #thanksanyways #nevertriedsohardb4

:hug: :lol: :inlove: :D
She looks so quiche in that outfit and with those shoes :D Nicer than the black Melange :oh:
Also, I wonder how she arranged that :lol: I love in when really good tennis players who I fangirl on then fangirl on even better players :haha: Anett should dump Whitt and go out with him, he's tonnes hotter :lol:

#2,792 ·
Nottingham Q

(4)Tereza Smitkova (CZE) v Stephanie Foretz Gacon (FRA)
Rika Fujiwara (JPN) v Julia Boserup (USA)
Sophie Watts (GBR) v Maria Sanchez (USA)
(6)Anett Kontaveit (EST) v Jessica Simpson (GBR)

Anett plays against Jessica Simpson, I wonder if our sports media will come up with some interesting headlines :lol:

#2,796 · (Edited)
That will stand her in good stead because her 1st 2 rounds are relatively simple whilst Smitkova may be tired by her match vs Boserup :) It's random but Anett IMO would have a match harder time vs Smitkova than vs most of then people in MD :haha: Anyway, one match at a time and we can hopefully enjoy some streams of her if she makes MD :) Maybe some Doubles too ;)

There are now only 6 Girls (Vekic, Bencic, Siniakova, Townsend, Konjuh and de Vroome) ranked above Anett who are younger than her :) In addition to this, Konjuh and de Vroome should fall behind her soon as they have a lot more than her to defend in the coming weeks :) Hopefully Anett can keep ahead of Barty and start to track down Katka and Taylor before making her way up to Bencic and Vekic :yeah:

#2,800 ·
Round 1 doesn't seem to be too much of a challenge :oh: Anett leads 4-0* and at one stage won 11 Points in a row :lol: I think she ended that run with a Double :D

Let's see if she can return to that Double Bagel run :haha: I thinks he broke the world record of most games run in a row in that Fed Cup/Tallinn 15K spree :haha:

#2,807 ·
They've been playing for like 3.5 Hours :haha: And on a Grass Court :worship:

Anyway, I am sure they will move them to another court if the other matches finish earlier :) They wouldn't leave other courts empty and make them wait especially with the weather forecast :lol:

Anett really should make MD now given she has beat Foretz-Gacon before :)

EDIT: Boserup won :) Given that it is already past 2 PM, I think Anett's match will be moved to Centre Court :)

#2,808 · (Edited)
Boserup takes the first set against Foretz :spit:
Anett is struggling with Sanchez, goes to TB.
There were no breaks in the first set (although both of them had 4 BPs in the opening games)
Luckily Anett manages to take the TB 76(2)

Blows another 3 Bps in the first game of the second set.
Tries hard to blow another 2, but does not succeed and finally breaks :lol:
At the same time Foretz is on the verge of being bagelled in the second set.

Anett gets broken, back to square one again.
4-4*
Another TB :hysteric:

Anett wins 76(2) 76(6) :cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.