Tennis Forum banner

Maria Shishkina

180K views 357 replies 64 participants last post by  Triggervic 
#1 · (Edited)
She's only 11 so we'll have to wait a few years before she starts playing junior tournaments but she seems sooo impressive. She just won Eddie Herr U12 without dropping a set. After destroying almost all of her opponents she beat Tornado Ali Black 6:1 6:0 in the final.
She's originally from Kazakhstan but now represents USA.
Here's an interview with her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiMEJbECx18

#215 ·
True. :)

Tornado Black, her rival a few years ago, just won her 1st WTA match in Q1 of Citi Open (beat Top 250 player Chirico in straight sets :eek:). Masha's been left behind. :tears: Hopefully it will give her extra-motivation to catch up! :) :armed:

#216 ·
It's interesting to see that many prodigies we could see a few years ago are having a very tough time breaking through. Bencic is getting to the top but Maria, only 1 year older, doesn't even have a WTA ranking. I also noticed that probably most famous boy-prodigy we had in 21st century, Jan Silva, while still only 13, is very mediocre (rated 4 stars). Seems that USA might be giving talented kids so much attention that they really struggle later...

#235 ·
"Happy Thanksgiving from my mom and I. I'm most thankful for this wonderful woman which has done more for me than I could ever thank for. Love her so much �� #thankful #everyday #smiles"

They're like... IDENTICAL :eek: :awww:

#237 ·
She got the MDWC indeed :lol:

"The main draw ITF girls wild cards are Ingrid Neel, Caroline Dolehide, Emma Higuchi, Francesca DiLorenzo, Claudia Wiktorin, Nicole Johnston, Daniela Pedraza Novak of Colombia and Maria Shishkina. Shiskina told me today that she had one wrist surgery last November and needed a second this past August, with the Eddie Herr her first tournament since then."

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/qualifying-complete-in-12s-14s-and.html

GL! :awww: :cheer::cheer:

#238 ·
Here is her MD section :)

(12)Sofia Kenin (USA) v Ojasvinee Singh (IND)
(Q)Karine Sarkisova (RUS) v (wc)Maria Shishkina (USA)
Mia Horvit (USA) v Katie Swan (GBR)
(6)Naiktha Bains (AUS) v Lesedi Sheya Jacobs (NAM)

Decent chance of winning at least a match :cheer::cheer:

#239 ·
Alright! Good Luck! :) And chance of winning at least one match is very good indeed.

But in my opinion it makes no sense to start the ITF Juniors now again...of course it is ok to play some junior tournaments to get in shape again and having a tournament feeling but I wouldn't highly recomend her now to go full juniors and start with it with the position 1300 once again though
Really doubt it could bring her forward in her progress tbh, just an idea :crazy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.