Tennis Forum banner

INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

77K views 2K replies 103 participants last post by  AnnieIWillKnow 
#1 ·
After a solid start to the year, it's time to make a statement at a Premier Mandatory event :worship:

Maria's record in Indian Wells is pretty good. She won the event in 2006, reached the final last year and Semis in 2005, 2008 and 2011 :cheer:

P.S. Please bring back the whale trophy :p
(But we'd be happy with the crystal one as well)

See less See more
#1,552 ·
Peter Bodo is a douche - What else could he have written after Masha's stellar performance? - Just give him the slightest chance and he'll whine about Masha's shrieks - her routines - how she slaps her thigh - her being Russian and vocal about it - her living in Brandenton Fla - how she should kiss the American soil she walks on and how she's to thank the USA for her success
Is Maria Sharapova's patriotism authentic?

#1,504 ·
Highlights of the final currently uploading. :) Winners here, Winners there, here a winner there a winner everywhere a winner winner.

#1,505 ·
Jamie :worship:

This is such a sweet day for us Maria fans! IW is a big tournament! Still a positive record in finals this year :sobbing:

#1,507 ·
I'm so happy for Masha that she's won this title once again - Her first title this year and in such a grand style - Not dropping a set in the whole tournament and dismissing Caroline Wozniacki - who didn't play bad at all - in the final 62, 62 - hitting 33 winners against Caro's TWO - That says it all about Masha's domination in this match

Congratulations Masha - Once again the #2 and champion of Indian Wells 2013 - May the force be with you in Miami!

#1,509 ·
It looked like a different Maria out there for this tournament, as if she knew she was going to win this tournament. She didn't get really excited after any of the wins, leading up to today. And even though she hadn't dropped a set in her first 5 matches, she was still critical of herself, saying how she knows she can get better. She was definitely annoyed with a few of those first sets. There was a deep focus on the mission and her demeanor suggested she wasn't going to let anybody beat her.

I like seeing that steely confidence from her.

#1,510 ·
:hearts:

Maria Sharapova vs Caroline Wozniacki 2013 Indian Wells Highlights

#1,511 ·
hasn't even finished fully processing yet :lol:

#1,516 ·
Also, this tournament was exactly what the doctor ordered for Maria. She got match play, had to battle through her own shaky form in some tough sets, she got better as the tournament went on, and played brilliantly in the final. And with no sets dropped she should be relatively fresh for Miami. So happy.

#1,518 ·
Sublime tennis from Maria today :bowdown: So proud :inlove:

Should still be relatively fresh for Miami and the days off will help. Anyways, she reached the Final in both last year... (Can she get a win at both this year :oh:)

P.S. Please don't lose another Miami final :p

#1,519 ·
Oh god, I have so much to catch up in here. I think I need to read 10 pages. :lol:
a big ":hearts:" to all you Masha fellows and a ":hug:" to whoever was rooting for Caro tonight, now I'm going to read back :lol:

#1,521 ·
Maria :cheer: I managed to catch the first set before I went back to sleep :lol:

I should clarify. From the first point I knew she was winning this. She just had that look. Almost an 08 type look. No looks of worry, just pure concentration.

By the sounds of it she got better in the second set too :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.