TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Dulgheru's comeback letter

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2013, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
country flag Curcubeu

Re: Alexandra Dulgheru's comeback letter

She presented her painting for the first time this week.

Quote:
"I did this oil painting last year during my long period of recovery," Dulgheru recalled. "As I was going to the clinic six days a week for two months and still had a full schedule afterwards, I only had time to do it on Sundays, but every Sunday since May I've been working on it for about three to six hours.

"Honestly, I didn't know what I was getting into when I started it. I probably won't do gardens or flowers for a while now! But it was a fun way to relax. And I never hurried it, I just wanted to do it well and capture all the details. Whenever I felt tired, I would take a break or leave it to the next weekend.

"It's not finished yet, as you can see - I still have the path around the flowers to work on, and some other details on the painting as well - but I don't think it will take too much longer to finish."

Dulgheru has always had a talent for visual arts - not just painting. "I started drawing when I was six. Slowly I got better at it and found I had a talent for it. I do a bit of everything - drawing, sketching, clothes design, painting - whatever I feel like doing in that particular moment of inspiration. I'm thinking of doing something in this area after tennis, like architecture or design, whatever comes to me. And if I don't follow this path, at least I want to continue with it as a hobby, because I like it very much."

And what inspired her to do this particular painting? "My room is vintage style and there's a free wall that needs a big painting, so this went well with the room design," she said. "First we wanted to buy one and we were looking for the right one for a while, but then I thought, 'Why not work on the painting myself? I have the time for that and would be so happy to try my skills on my first oil painting.'

"I printed two color gardens out from the internet, then I mixed them together into one painting, and there it is. I can't wait to get back and finish it. I'll send you another picture when it's done!"
I'm so glad she's feeling better.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome