Tennis Forum banner

The Leaping Lucie Hradecka Cheering Thread

98K views 707 replies 68 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 · (Edited)
Udachi Lucie :D

Good luck :yeah:

#400 ·
Lucie begins her new year in Auckland.

She's seeded #7 in qualifying and plays Maria Irigoyen in the first round. Lucie has no points to defend. GL to her!

#406 ·
Lucie has 2nd round main draw points to defend, so she'll want to qualify! An early loss could expel her out of the Top 200. :unsure:

#409 · (Edited)
Beat Magda, 4 & 4. :)

One more to go!

ETA: She meets Renata, so it will be a clash of Czechs for the q birth! Surprisingly, Lucie is 1-2 against Renata, and has never defeated her on hardcourt, but Lucie won their last meeting. Lucie has more at stake in qualifying. GL to her!

#422 ·
Lucie is back in one of her old stomping grounds this week -- she's playing in the Midland 100k. :) The Stadium court is being live streamed, so check out the links below to watch the action. For those of you who missed it, her doubles match with Siniakova is archived on the livestream.com site -- just click on 'Updates' in order to find the video of it.

http://www.dowcorningtennisclassic.com/index.html
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/2313864/events/2757033/player?width=928&height=522&autoPlay=true&mute=false

#423 ·
Tough loss for Lucie today in the 2nd round against Lauren Davis. Lucie did well to push the second seed to 3 sets, but Lauren's consistency won the day. I was impressed with what I saw from Lucie though. Yes, she hit a few too many UE's, but you can see that she is really starting to gain a rhythm on her groundstrokes again. Oh, and her serve was definitely a weapon; she even hit one or two 2nd serve aces. :) I really think that she is on her way back to playing her best tennis again. As long as she stays healthy and positive, she'll definitely get there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.