Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annika Beck

594K views 5K replies 151 participants last post by  Michael! 
#1 ·
Da Annika Beck mit 15 Jahren das Finale des 10K von Equeurdreville erreicht hat, hat sie denke ich mal schon einen eigenen Thread hier verdient ;). Sie dürfte damit die jüngste Spielerin seit langem sein, die das in so jungem Alter geschafft hat. Hier mal die Ergebnisse im Überblick:

Q1: (6)Annika Beck def. bye
Q2: (6)Annika Beck def. Katharina Holert 6:1 6:1

R1: (Q)Annika Beck def. Alize Lim 3:6 7:6 6:4
R2: (Q)Annika Beck def. Marina Melnikova 6:0 6:0 ;)
QF: (Q)Annika Beck def. (3)Danielle Harmsen 6:4 6:1 :eek:
SF: (Q)Annika Beck def. (2)Kinnie Laisne 6:4 6:0 :eek:
F: (Q)Annika Beck vs. Constance Sibille

Sie schlug damit zwei Spielerinnen aus den Top500 und das ganz glatt. Im Ranking macht sie einen deutlich Sprung von Platz 1101 auf Top950 momentan :).

#3,544 ·
no surprise here indeed, good for Annika that the season is over soon, I think she needs a break and then a good preparation for 2014.
I didn´t watch the match but seems like it wasn´t a good match anyway, horrible stats (3 winners + 16 UEs) and apparently she played to Ivanovic´s fh all the time, so definitely no smart play here today :tape: :lol:

#3,545 ·
Disheartening scoreline. She has had bad luck with the draw again but just like against Vesnina I feel like she could have done a little bit more at least.

Losing six games in a row twice is not very impressive, Ivanovic is not exactly Serena Williams.

She looks a bit flat and I agree, she's in need of a break. Still a bit to go to there though, at least three more tournaments. I'm pretty sure she won't even bother defending her National Championship title in December, she'll need the break.

#3,546 ·
She started so well the first 1 1/2 games with lenght, winners and so much pressure, but then she completely lost it with so many UEs, some were really bad.

And she served literally every second serve to Anas forhand and she served to a spot, where Ana didn't even had to move to return it.

Oh well, she will learn again.

#3,551 ·
Niculescu´s latest results were average, I think she had some injury problems too but that still will be a tough match for Annika, as Tecumseh said, Niculescu is tricky and Annika doesn´t have any bigger weapons in her game, needs to stay patient and has to wait for her chances, both girls obviously not known for great serve...we´ll see :p

#3,553 ·
Annika will have to let go of her bestie for a few hours tomorrow as she'll play her R1 match against Niculescu on the beautifully named "Lotus Court". With a name like that surely someone has to be streaming this. 4th after 11:00, it's even well timed for us Europeans.

#3,555 ·
Diamond - http://live.video.sina.com.cn/room/tennis
Lotus - http://live.video.sina.com.cn/room/sports2

I have a feeling it might be streamed officially through Tennis TV anyway though. They were advertising a Monday start, but according to twitter they are starting tomorrow. I also thought there was meant to be 3 streamed courts from Beijing this year (could be wrong though), but looking at what's on the Moon Court tomorrow, if it is it doesn't look like it starts tomorrow.

#3,564 ·
only watched some parts but just too many errors and Annika obviously doesn´t have a good serve, so no free points for her, makes it even tougher, came back from 14* to reach the TB (but played really bad there), 2nd set screwed a *41 lead to lose 46...well, as I said before, will be tough for Annika to win some more matches this year, hope she can come back stronger again in 2014.

#3,565 ·
She has to charge her accu in the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.