TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread
View Single Post
post #945 of (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2013, 03:27 PM
country flag Dispeker

Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

Goerges treat in store for Dubai fans

Alex Leach / 17 February 2013

Julia Goerges insists she’s feeling fitter and playing better than ever before as she prepares to compete in the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships next week.
The 24-year-old German reached the women’s single final last year here, where she lost 7-5, 6-4 to the now-reigning champion Agnieszka Radwanska.

Goerges’ runner-up placing in the emirate nevertheless helped her reach a career-high ranking of 15th in the world shortly thereafter and she seemingly enters the fray this time around at the peak of her physical powers.

“Body and playing-wise, I feel as fit as ever and my game is there,” said Goerges, who knocked out the then-title holder, Caroline Wozniacki, in the semi-finals 12 months ago.

“I definitely feel I’m playing the best I’ve ever played. It’s just a question sometimes of whether or not you can put it on the court.”

Goerges was pitted against the fifth-seeded Italian Sara Errani – an opponent currently ranked 11 positions above her in the global standings.

“Everybody is tricky. It’s a great field,” she explained. “It’s a good challenge for me.

She’s a top 10 player and it’s a good opportunity for me to show my best tennis.

It’s good to have those matches because you can only get better from them.”

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/sport/in...n=nationsports

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome