- View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6
View Single Post
post #656 of (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 03:45 AM
country flag PMBH
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Another loss where she was close to 1 set all and fell apart.
She's been doing this for a long time now.
Inconsistent, sloppy. Pretty much irrelevant in tournaments with YEC players.
The question is: Is this the rest of her career? Does she care enough to end this cycle and move forward?
This was a long term #1, but thats all in the distant past. Now we watch a player who folds and folds, against players who arent going to win the tournament
But I guess she's happy like this, with her dad and mom, and no coach to have to listen to
I think you're being way too hard on her. We can't continue to compare Caro with her own peak version from early 2011. She's clearly not the same player/person anymore. She went through a lot in the meantime; loads of negative publicity from being a slamless no.1, criticism about her defensive style, pressures to change just about every aspect of her game including her coach, entering into a high-profiled relationship with Rory.

This is Caro 2.0. She's trying hard to implement a new style of play and there are small signs that the process is on the right track. But it's going to take a long time to complete the process and she may never get back to achieving what she did before. But I respect her for trying, and if anyone has the discipline and mental strength to successfully overhaul her game it's Caro.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome