Tennis Forum banner

Embarassing XWTA Records Held By Your Faves ???

9K views 96 replies 57 participants last post by  Wiggly 
#1 ·
what are some XWTA records that players would rather not be remembered for :ignore:

Na Li - only player to lose 2 Grand Slam finals from one set up :oh:

Shuai Peng - ranked as high as SEWTA #13 despite never advancing to the QF of a Grand Slam or winning any tournament :help:

Sara Errani - highest ranked player ever to be golden setted :help:

Aggie Radwanska - only winner of XWTA Miami PM 1000 to never win a Grand Slam :awww:

Reactions: CrossCourt~Rally
#65 ·
I'm glad Justine retired in that Australian final. Did we really need to see another 4 games of that match?

You know a match is bad when you win a set 6-1 hitting 1 winner, short nervy nothing balls and a boatload of errors to your opponent's 2 winners and shipload of errors. I'm sure Justine would have stayed out there if her opponent was actually capable ending points with winners, instead of dragging it out and making her stomach ulcer worse.

#75 ·
didn't know that one :eek:

is there anyone else to join Stosur in winning USO and losing 1R of AO and Fran in winning RG and losing 1R of Wimbledon :lol:

#86 ·
I'm afraid not. Hingis (sorry again) lost twice in R1 of Wimby as #1, I guess there're other R2 losses of #1s.

#90 ·
Lindsay Davenport never won doubles at AO but was runner-up 6 times :tears:. One win there would've got her the career slam in doubles :sad:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.