Tennis Forum banner

Christina McHale

261K views 4K replies 147 participants last post by  HowardH 
#1 ·
Time for Christina to get her own thread. :)

She just won the USTA WC play-off with a 61 60 win over Gail Brodsky, so we will see her in the main draw of the Aussie Open. :eek: Have a nice rest now Christina.

#3 ·
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Finally a new american that we can believe in. Everybody's been talking about Coco, but Chrissie(yeah that's rights I said it)just beat her in straight sets along with the other young Talents. She even got a win over Vania King whose been as high as 50 in the world. Anyone feel free to post pics and information about Christina because I don't even know what she looks like.:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: Hope fully she gets Kuzzzie or somebody easy first round!!

#6 ·
Christina. :bounce:

Seems like she is eclipsing her sister. ;) The second girl from the right is also beast. Actually all of them in that second picture are beast. :p I can see them all becoming pro but I've seen them play and she is very, very good. :)

#7 ·
Who is in that picture? :eek: I don't recognize hardly any of them.

Can you give us more information on how she plays? I have read that she is a really scrappy fighter but the videos I have watched of her she seems to hit quite flat and I don't see the two styles meshing well together...

#8 ·
The second girl from the right is Shinann Featherston and the girl next to her is Lindsay Clark. ;) I remembered that Shinann won a Grade 5 event in Ireland against a McHale but I looked it up and she beat Lauren and not Christina in the finals. :p

Yeah, she is a very scrappy player, I didn't get to watch her much so I can't really comment on Christina. But I'm very surprised that she has made this much success so quickly. :eek: I was impressed but I thought CoCo, Asia, etc were better prospects. But I can't wait to see follow her results in the Australian season! :D

#11 ·
Monday:
King def. Vandeweghe 7-6(3), 6-1
Brodsky def. Albanese 6-3, 6-3
Brengle def. Muhammad 6-0, 6-3
McHale def. Cecil 6-0, 6-1

Tuesday:
Brodsky def. Brengle 6-3, 6-4
Albanese def. Muhammad 7-5, 6-7 (10), 6-3
King def. Cecil 6-1, 6-0
McHale def. Vandeweghe 6-3, 6-2

Wednesday:
Albanese def. Bregle 6-4, 6-0
McHale def. King 6-3, 4-6, 6-2
Muhammad def. Brodsky 5-7, 6-3, 6-2
Vandeweghe def. Cecil 6-3, 6-2

Thursday's final:
McHale def. Brodsky 6-1, 6-0.

#12 ·
She is in MD of AO against Aussie WC Jessica Moore. Tough match indeed, but she has a very good chance to win.

#16 ·
I hope she takes advantage of her draw and wins her first round! Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.