Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serena's 2013 schedule

26K views 165 replies 50 participants last post by  ce 
#1 ·
Here is my view of Serena's 2013 schedule for Singles, Doubles & Mixed Doubles.

Singles

Brisbane International
Australian Open
Fed Cup
Sony Ericsson Open, Miami
Family Circle Cup, Charleston
Fed Cup
Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open
Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome
French Open
Wimbledon
Sony Swedish Open, Bastad
Bank of the West Classic, Stanford
Roger's Cup, Toronto
Cincinnati Open
US Open
China Open, Beijing
Generali Ladies Linz Open
Sony Ericsson Championships, Istanbul

Doubles

Sony Ericsson Open, Miami
Wimbledon
Bank of the West Classic, Stanford
US Open
China Open, Beijing
Sony Ericsson Championships, Istanbul

Mixed Doubles

Australian Open
French Open

What are your views

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Your views of Serena's 2013 schedule

This is what i think is her planned schedule. It's a whole other issues whether she will actually play at certain events. But here goes..
Brisbane
Australian Open
Fed Cup
Miami
Charleston
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Wimbledon
Bastad
Standford
Toronto
Us Open
Beijing
Istanbul

Doubles
Australian Open
Wimbledon
Us Open

#3 ·

Singles:
Brisbane
Australian Open
Fed Cup
Miami
Stuttgart (fuck Family Cup....she needs Red Clay matches)
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Wimbledon
Bastad (dead that she's playing here :lol:)
Stanford
Toronto
Cincinatti
US Open
Beijing (we all know she'll skip this shit)
YEC

I wouldn't mind her playing Dubai or something before Miami. I also wouldn't care if she skipped Stuttgart, if she played Fed Cup on Red-Clay. She needs to fuck off with Family Cup. Does no good to play on green-clay.

Doubles? She should play the slams and Miami if Venus is up to it. If not, go for the mixed titles in those events that she needs yet.g

#4 ·

Brisbane
[week off]
AO
[2 weeks off]
Doha
[4 weeks off]
Miami
Charleston
[week off]
Fed Cup
[2 weeks off]
Madrid
Rome
[week off]
RG
[2 weeks off]
Wimbledon
[2 weeks off... fuck Bastad :lol:]
Stanford
[week off]
Toronto
Cincinnati
[week off]
USO
[3 weeks off]
Beijing
[2 weeks off]
Istanbul

She'll have to commit to 4 of the 5 P5 events. I assume she'll skip Tokyo, which means she'll need to schedule Doha/Rome/Toronto/Cincy.

Wouldn't be shocked (or angry) if she does Paris Indoors too in the week right after Melbourne. She needs to get over her mental demons with that city somehow and continue to endear herself to the crowd, so..... entering there only seems logical. :eek:

#9 ·

Brisbane
[week off]
AO
[2 weeks off]
Doha
[4 weeks off]
Miami
Charleston
[week off]
Fed Cup
[2 weeks off]
Madrid
Rome
[week off]
RG
[2 weeks off]
Wimbledon
[2 weeks off... fuck Bastad :lol:]
Stanford
[week off]
Toronto
Cincinnati
[week off]
USO
[3 weeks off]
Beijing
[2 weeks off]
Istanbul

She'll have to commit to 4 of the 5 P5 events. I assume she'll skip Tokyo, which means she'll need to schedule Doha/Rome/Toronto/Cincy.

Wouldn't be shocked (or angry) if she does Paris Indoors too in the week right after Melbourne. She needs to get over her mental demons with that city somehow and continue to endear herself to the crowd, so..... entering there only seems logical. :eek:
She has always play well in Paris so I don't see why she should not go there.

Brisbane ( it should be Sydney but.. :eek:)
AO
Paris
Doha
Miami
"Charleston
or
Stuttgart"
Madrid
Rome
RG
W
Stanford
Toronto
Cinci (withdraw)
USO
Beijing (withdraw)
YEC.

#5 ·

Brisbane
Australian Open
Paris Indoors
Fed Cup
Miami
Stuttgart
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Wimbledon
Stanford
Toronto
Cincinatti
US Open
YEC

Similar to most of yours. Please only go to Bastaad for promotion purposes, skip the Fall swing again if you are in final of the USO, save energies for YEC like this year.

Play Paris because you'll probably be there anyway, stay in Europe all spring and play Stuttgart, the more tournaments on red clay the better.

#6 ·

Brisbane
AO
Miami
Charleston
Madrid
Rome
FO
Wimbledon
Stanford
Torontoo
Cincinnati
USO
Istanbul

I don't see her playing a tournament after AO and before Miami. No way she's going to Doha, Bastad, or any part of the Asian swing. If she goes far in Toronto she will withdraw from Cincy, although maybe she would prefer a Cincy title since she's never won it.

#8 ·

Fed Cup will be an annoyance again this year. She'll have to play at least 1 tie every year because of the new Olympics requirements, otherwise she'll be ineligible. I'd rather she play the tie after Charleston than the one after Melbourne.

And I definitely see her playing Charleston again because of the crowd support. Both that tournament and Stuttgart are shitty prep IMO, but at least Charleston puts her game in good form. Easiest 470 ranking points she'll earn all year too.

#10 ·

Fed Cup will be an annoyance again this year. She'll have to play at least 1 tie every year because of the new Olympics requirements, otherwise she'll be ineligible. I'd rather she play the tie after Charleston than the one after Melbourne.
so she won't be able to play both Charleston and Stuttgart? :eek:

#14 ·

Too close to the AO. Brisbane is earlier and a Premier so it has a solid field to help her round into form.
But She has always played Sydney a week before AO. :lol:

#16 ·

I wanted to know if anyone is thinking that Serena could play Mixed Doubles at the Australian Open & French Open.
I really hope not. She has her entire Oldrena career to win mixed slams. Now that she is in her (probable) last peak, she needs to focus on winning 19 slams. No easy feat, but I think she can get it done with focus, calm play, and some luck (no major injury). Patrick at the French should be a big help too. I was actually glad she lost US Open doubles this year -- too much of a distraction, and too tiring.

#18 ·

I don't give a fuck about Stuttgart, I think Madrid and Rome are enough prep. She likes Charleston, and the crowd is great plus she has to defend points. The firs round loss at RG was not about clay prep, it was about her mental demons in Paris. Hopefully she goes straight to Europe after Miami/Charleston and Patrick calms her down.

#22 ·

Brisbane
Australian Open
Miami
Family Circle Cup
Fed Cup
Madrid
Rome
Roland Garros
Wimbledon
Stanford
Rogers Cup
Cincinnati
US Open
Beijing
Istanbul

maybe one or two other tournaments added on should she go out early and want more play...

i desperately want serena to win AO & RG in mixed to get the box set. that would be fucking amazing. but if venus is healthy and feeling up to it, i bet theyll play doubles instead. who knows, maybe serena doesnt even care about getting a career slam in mixed?
and now with patrick on board, 2013 will be all about the majors, particularly RG. i think we all want a second RG title more then anything... so does she i think. but no no matter what happens - win, lose, or draw - i just want a HEALTHY 2013.

#25 ·

Brisbane
Australian Open
Miami
Family Circle Cup
Fed Cup
Madrid
Rome
Roland Garros
Wimbledon
Stanford
Rogers Cup
Cincinnati
US Open
Beijing
Istanbul

maybe one or two other tournaments added on should she go out early and want more play...

i desperately want serena to win AO & RG in mixed to get the box set. that would be fucking amazing. but if venus is healthy and feeling up to it, i bet theyll play doubles instead. who knows, maybe serena doesnt even care about getting a career slam in mixed?
and now with patrick on board, 2013 will be all about the majors, particularly RG. i think we all want a second RG title more then anything... so does she i think. but no no matter what happens - win, lose, or draw - i just want a HEALTHY 2013.
Serena does care about getting the Career Grand Slam in Mixed Doubles she said after the Olympics that winning the Australian Open & French Open in Mixed Doubles was one of her main goals.

#24 ·

I hope she skips Charleston and plays either Doha or Dubai,i really want her to play there

#28 ·

Singles :-

Brisbane International : :yeah:
After the off season she is bound to be rusty. This is a good tournament to start the year with, instead of Hopman Cup :oh: or Hong Kong :oh:

Australian Open :
Major is a Major is a Major.

Fed Cup : :ras:
Hell naw, this is not an Olympic Year. No need to waste energy on this shit.

Sony Ericsson Open, Miami :
Backyard tournament that she has to play.

Family Circle Cup, Charleston : :no:
Every year she has won this, she has flopped at the French. She needs to go to Europe straight away.

Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open :
All the top players will be there and this time it is back on red clay.

Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome : :cool:
She loves Rome and this is a good time to snatch Martha's wig and accelerate her momentum towards the French.

French Open : :sad:
Please win this.

Wimbledon : :aparty:
Break your aces record of 102.

Sony Swedish Open, Bastad : :help:
WHAT THE F**K.Get the appearance money, tank in the first round and get your ass to North America.

Bank of the West Classic, Stanford :
Perfect start to the Hard Court season.

Roger's Cup, Toronto : :yawn:
Reach the quater-finals and then tank this tournament. I don't want her to repeat the 2011 fiasco by overplaying.

Cincinnati Open : :yawn:
Reach the quater-finals and then tank this tournament. I don't want her to repeat the 2011 fiasco by overplaying.

US Open :
WIN THIS SHIT !!!

China Open, Beijing : :lol:
She is so not going to play this.

Generali Ladies Linz Open : :lol:
She is so not going to play this.

Sony Ericsson Championships, Istanbul : :bounce:
Perfect end to the year.

Doubles :-

Sony Ericsson Open, Miami : :yeah:
I would rather prefer her to win the doubles title over singles, given a choice. It is amazing that the sisters have not won the doubles title here.

Wimbledon : :worship:
Doubles always improves her singles play here.

Bank of the West Classic, Stanford : :yeah:
YEEEES.

US Open : :unsure:
This is exactly why I want her to tank Toronto and Cincinnati. Playing singles and doubles would be tire some for any player and especially for a "veteran".

China Open, Beijing :
Not happening.

Sony Ericsson Championships, Istanbul :
Their doubles schedule is too light to qualify plus they have to defend Wimbledon and Olympics points.

Mixed Doubles :-

Australian Open : :eek:
Please LAWD let her win this.

French Open : :unsure:
Play this only if, she wins in Australia. I don't want anything f**king up the French campaign.

#30 ·

I hope she doesn't do doubles at the US Open. Long Summer and pulling double duty will only tire her out more. She should just focus on singles. Her losing in the doubles this year at the US was the best thing that could have happened to her.

Oh and she can do doubles at AO. The start of the year, she should be fresh, and if anything she'll be undercooked so that will help her fine tune her game.

I also hope she doesn't try to win the US Open Series. She already did that once so it's checked off the bucket list and it doesn't need to be done again. She can win at Stanford if she wants just to start the HC season out right but she needs to tank one of Canada/Cinci. Preferably Canada. None of these HC tournies outside of the slams have any prestige because they have *warm-up* status (except Miami and IW, and Beijing which sucks and isn't worth it). So none are really worth going the extra mile except for Miami (and IW, if she played there anymore).

#36 ·

Singles

(1) Brisbane
(2) Australian Open
(3) Doha (not sure if she will play there though)
(4) Miami
(5) Madrid
(6) Rome
(7) French Open
(8) Wimbledon
(9) Stanford
(10) Toronto
(11) Cincinnati
(12) US Open
(13) Beijing
(14) Istanbul

Doubles

(1) Australian Open (if she doesn't play mixed)
(2) Madrid "OR" Rome
(3) French Open
(4) Wimbledon
(5) One US Open Series tournament
(6) US Open
(7) Istanbul (with possibly Beijing if needed)

#39 ·

I want her to play every red clay court tournament Sharpy is in :drool:;)
This! :devil:

#41 ·

Serena's suppose to play the fed cup tie away in Italy. Hopefully the clay court matches against solid clay courtiers will prepare her for Roland Garros

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.