Ana Konjuh - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
 7Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #631 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Dan_Doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sibiu
Posts: 3,768
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

So the stream went dead at 1-5 40-40 in the second set
Dan_Doe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,492
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

She lost.
JarkaFish is offline  
post #633 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,113
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Too bad for the loss, looks like nerves played a part here - after all, it was her first professional final in only her second professional tournament. Still, huge congratulations for this achievement, it was after all a wonderful week
ma re is offline  
post #634 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Dan_Doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sibiu
Posts: 3,768
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

3-6 1-6
However, Ana played very well overall, particularly in the first set, but Jaksic was just too good for her at this stage.
I don't care if she won't have a ranking yet, the important thing is that Ana made a statement in this tournament, for us - to have faith in her, and for the competition - to watch out.
And she's following Donna's footsteps, she's just one month older than Donna was when she made the final at Hvar in 2011. But Donna won her first title 3 months after that, so let's see if Ana can do it sooner
Dan_Doe is offline  
post #635 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,824
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
3-6 1-6
However, Ana played very well overall, particularly in the first set, but Jaksic was just too good for her at this stage.
I don't care if she won't have a ranking yet, the important thing is that Ana made a statement in this tournament, for us - to have faith in her, and for the competition - to watch out.
And she's following Donna's footsteps, she's just one month older than Donna was when she made the final at Hvar in 2011. But Donna won her first title 3 months after that, so let's see if Ana can do it sooner
Let's hope next week
I am really proud of Ana
I have now risen her to the same league as my beloved Anett
Great to see such a young talent
I am a real fan

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #636 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,527
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

http://dubrovacki.hr/clanak/45006/ja...ske-rang-liste

Ana is injured, again problem with shoulder, next week tournament is big question
vladekCRO is offline  
post #637 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 01:54 PM
CL*2NE1
 
Jose.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 30,287
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Ana Ana amazing week still

Jankovic | Goerges | Petkovic | Safarova | Hsieh | Tsurenko
Azarenka | Mitu | Voegele | Beck | Muguruza | Cibulkova
Koehler | Mladenovic | Garcia | Robson | Cepelova | Duval
Babos | Ormaechea | Jaksic | Gasparyan | Soylu
Allgurin | Kontaveit | Zacarias | Pigossi | Haddad Maia | Abduraimova
Konjuh | Bencic | Komardina | Haas | Jorovic | Galfi | Stollar
Jose. is offline  
post #638 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Senior Member
 
tennismaster8820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Safe place.
Posts: 20,191
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

It's not a good sign that she gets injured often at such young age.
tennismaster8820 is offline  
post #639 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,492
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
http://dubrovacki.hr/clanak/45006/ja...ske-rang-liste

Ana is injured, again problem with shoulder, next week tournament is big question
JarkaFish is offline  
post #640 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Senior Member
 
okramb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 792
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

I don't know will she play due to injury from yesterday but she is in the main draw and will be playing against Agnese Zucchini (ITA) #4 seeded girl, last week she was #2 seeded and lost in QF against Jaksic...difficult match for sure...here is her part of the draw

5)Patricia Maria Tig (ROU) v Natia Gegia (GEO)
Pia König (AUT) v (Q)Nastassia Rubel (BLR)
Sultan Gönen (TUR) v (wc)Lütfiye Esen (TUR)
(4)Agnese Zucchini (ITA) v (SE)Ana Konjuh (CRO)

Just for fun, if Ana go through to 2nd round she will be on the edge of top 1000,
if she make QF she will be in top 930
if she make SF she will be in top 900
final means she will be in top 850
okramb is offline  
post #641 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,113
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Keeping my fingers crossed for that one win, cause it would make her life much easier for sure. She could maybe even consider some week 25k's in the near future to start picking up points at a faster rate.

Good luck Ana
ma re is offline  
post #642 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Senior Member
 
okramb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 792
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed for that one win, cause it would make her life much easier for sure. She could maybe even consider some week 25k's in the near future to start picking up points at a faster rate.

Good luck Ana
If she win her 1st round match, I'm sure she will win 2nd round too...

I don't know is it time for 25 000 K's for her cos 10 000 K's give good opportunity for semis or finals and till your are out of top 500 those results give you big jumps on the ranking list. On 25 000 K she could get very, very difficult opponents in the 1st round and early go out from the tournament. If she will have good results (final, semi-final), she will be in top 500 in no time. Then she could consider playing 25 or 50 K's.
okramb is offline  
post #643 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 390
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

http://tenniseurope.org/file_download.aspx?id=414956
Ana plays tomorow second match on the court 3.
ivananda is offline  
post #644 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,969
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
I don't know will she play due to injury from yesterday but she is in the main draw and will be playing against Agnese Zucchini (ITA) #4 seeded girl, last week she was #2 seeded and lost in QF against Jaksic...difficult match for sure...here is her part of the draw

5)Patricia Maria Tig (ROU) v Natia Gegia (GEO)
Pia König (AUT) v (Q)Nastassia Rubel (BLR)
Sultan Gönen (TUR) v (wc)Lütfiye Esen (TUR)
(4)Agnese Zucchini (ITA) v (SE)Ana Konjuh (CRO)

Hmm, this is gonna be tough. Zucchini will be Ana's highest-ranked opponent ever (407, CH 372). At least if she wins, R2 should be much easier.

Good luck, Ana!
networthy is offline  
post #645 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,113
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
If she win her 1st round match, I'm sure she will win 2nd round too...

I don't know is it time for 25 000 K's for her cos 10 000 K's give good opportunity for semis or finals and till your are out of top 500 those results give you big jumps on the ranking list. On 25 000 K she could get very, very difficult opponents in the 1st round and early go out from the tournament. If she will have good results (final, semi-final), she will be in top 500 in no time. Then she could consider playing 25 or 50 K's.
I know, there's no reason to rush things, but I just hate to see really gifted kids being forced to play 10k's and pick a point here and a point there, when it's obvious they deserve (and are capable of) better. That's all I'm saying.
ma re is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome