Ana Konjuh - Page 315 - TennisForum.com

 7Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4711 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,887
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

I assume those Donna used were the result of high ranking i.e. the ability to enter Slams/Mandatories on her own terms.
ma re is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4712 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,264
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I assume those Donna used were the result of high ranking i.e. the ability to enter Slams/Mandatories on her own terms.
Well then Ana would get them + the extra tournaments...

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #4713 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,887
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Well then Ana would get them + the extra tournaments...
That's what I wrote two posts ago, if her ranking is high enough for at least qualies of a Slam or Mandatory, that tournament doesn't have to count for age eligability and she can do that with two events between her birthdays. Donna played 12 + 2 tournaments between her 16th and 17th birthday.
ma re is offline  
post #4714 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,264
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
That's what I wrote two posts ago, if her ranking is high enough for at least qualies of a Slam or Mandatory, that tournament doesn't have to count for age eligability and she can do that with two events between her birthdays. Donna played 12 + 2 tournaments between her 16th and 17th birthday.
She actually played 4 as Miami and Madrid didn't count did they?

Why can't she use 4 events that she gets based on ranking and 2 events for GS Finals: Donna got 4 Events for ranking so why should Ana only get 2 when she has achieved extra...

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #4715 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,887
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Seems you're right, Donna used 4, for a total of 16 and after I checked the rules again it looks like 4 is the maximum a player can use between birthdays, regardless of where they originate from (junior rankings/junior slam finals/pro ranking). That seems to be the only logical explanation. And if you think of it, it makes sense. Otherwise top juniors would play 20 or more tournaments a year and the whole age eligability rule wouldn't be of much use to prevent burnout.
ma re is offline  
post #4716 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,264
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Seems you're right, Donna used 4, for a total of 16 and after I checked the rules again it looks like 4 is the maximum a player can use between birthdays, regardless of where they originate from (junior rankings/junior slam finals/pro ranking). That seems to be the only logical explanation. And if you think of it, it makes sense. Otherwise top juniors would play 20 or more tournaments a year and the whole age eligability rule wouldn't be of much use to prevent burnout.
I am pretty sure it works like this: Ana because of her Slam Finals gets 2 extra tournaments. Because she gets the 2 extra, she only gets 2 merited increases bringing her tournament total to 16. Donna, because she did not have any from Juniors, got 4 Merited Increases, bringing her total to 1 as well. The only advantage of the Junior ones is that you can use them outside of PMs/GSs That's how I've interpreted it anyway

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #4717 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,887
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I am pretty sure it works like this: Ana because of her Slam Finals gets 2 extra tournaments. Because she gets the 2 extra, she only gets 2 merited increases bringing her tournament total to 16. Donna, because she did not have any from Juniors, got 4 Merited Increases, bringing her total to 1 as well. The only advantage of the Junior ones is that you can use them outside of PMs/GSs That's how I've interpreted it anyway
Yeah, that sounds right. Anyway, Ana's b-day is in the off-season so at least it's easier to count how much she's played during her birthday year (doesn't span over two seasons as is the case with most players)
ma re is offline  
post #4718 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:12 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Some recent photos of Ana in Dubrovnik and Rome.



Elphaba is offline  
post #4719 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 656
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Ana is playing Madrid 25k Dec 09 and possible Ankara 50k!

Petra Kvitova, Viktorya Azarenka, Maria Sharapova
Viktoriya Tomova
ianchohr is offline  
post #4720 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,887
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianchohr View Post
Ana is playing Madrid 25k Dec 09 and possible Ankara 50k!
ma re is offline  
post #4721 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:37 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,264
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Cooties

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #4722 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:37 PM
Senior Member
 
croat123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 31,524
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Great news. Still fighting for the AO Q draw

ugh, why do they all suck????????
croat123 is offline  
post #4723 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 656
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Great news. Still fighting for the AO Q draw
She is safe for there, winning Junior AO gives her automaticly WC for q

Petra Kvitova, Viktorya Azarenka, Maria Sharapova
Viktoriya Tomova
ianchohr is offline  
post #4724 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 01:59 PM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,887
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianchohr View Post
She is safe for there, winning Junior AO gives her automaticly WC for q
Of course, but if she makes it in on her own, she can use that WC for some other tournament. She is limited with a number of WC's she can receive in a year so why waste one if she can get in some other way
ma re is offline  
post #4725 of 5007 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
ajmo!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 16,018
                     
Re: Ana Konjuh

I highly doubt she will take or need 4 QWC next year, but OK.
ajmo! is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome