Congratulations Ana, this is history in the making and fully deserved!
Now, to answer some of the posts made earlier about the historic records, and some of my own questions...
- no one ever won Eddie Herr + Orange Bowl + Australian Open in one streak
- she is the 10th girl in history (and 3rd in a row after Mestach and Townsend) to win both singles and doubles at the same AO
- only one player ever won junior singles Roland Garros after winning Australian Open (Magdalena Maleeva in 1990)
- just 15 players in the Open era won more than one junior singles title in one year
- only one player ever made a streak of 3 grand slam junior singles titles - Natasha Zvereva in 1987, from RG to USO
- two players (Ebbern and Zvereva) won 4 junior singles slams each, but only the later did it in the Open era
- this win puts Croatia in the top 14 nations in the girls singles titles list, leaving Italy, Netherlands and Switzerland behind (Open era only)
- trivia: the youngest ever to win a junior slam was Hingis in Paris at 12 yrs 8 mths
Now seriously, this was a really awesome news to wake up to. Sorry to hear the streaming was lousy (am I right to say that those from Turkish ITF's were much better?), but honestly I was surprised to hear there was anything at all in that regard.
Ana is definately showing that she is too good for juniors and her coach says that too, but according to the team they'll still play all four junior majors this year - who knows, there might be something more in store for Ana
It'll be exciting to watch how she fairs in the more challenging of challengers later on in the season, cause she'll have to rely more on talent than on strenght against girls who are not just 1-2 but 6-7 years older, but there's definately time on her side. Interesting to hear how ambitious their plans are for this year, cause to reach 250 Ana needs another 200 points or so, and with so many restrictions it'll be a really tough task to achieve it (since 10k's can't bring you more than 12 points each).
I'm really looking forward to see where and how she plays again, especially on the pro circuit. Look out folks, awesome times ahead!