Btw I just ran into stats of the singles final match, so here are some highlights...
- Siniakova outaced Ana 6 to 4, but had a miserable 35% of first serve (which obviously gave Ana many opportunities to attack), while Ana had really nice 67%
- Ana's fastest serve was 181, while Siniakova was also impressive at 179 km/h
- Ana won 8 out of 11 points played from the net, while Siniakova didn't win any of the 3 she attempted
- Ana created 6 break point opportunities and took 3, while Siniakova won her only one
- while Ana made several winners more (16-10), she made almost as many unforced errors as Siniakova, and it's quite worrysome in the face of upcoming pro matches that she can make 27 unforced errors in a junior match that went on for just 19 games; yes, she has an agressive playing style and that brings the error count up, but it's still quite a lot - luckily Siniakova made 31 so she helped in that department too
All in all, some really interesting bits of info there. If anyone knows something I missed, feel free to add.
Younger players can be making so many errors better they make shots than be so conversative so young. Juniors are getting better this years.