- View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6
View Single Post
post #471 of (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2013, 01:28 AM
country flag Protoss
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I agree with the comments above regarding the coaching. I also believe Caro never liked the idea of having a new coach. The fact that she still had Piotr around when the other coach was with her on the court implies that. I think it was an idea of Piotr himself to try new input, he let himself heard several times in the press that he was looking for his replacement. I think that he probably convinced her to give it a try but she was not really committed to that decision.
Maybe this dependance will be detrimental for her in a long run but if a person is not comfortable with new input it's never going to bring anything positive for them no matter how good it was.
What if there was some sort of a gradual transition? Caro could get used to dealing with someone else, perhaps a hitting partner or some kind of technical consultant, allbeit not in the role of a coach. Piotr could take a day off here and there.

For example, Michael Joyce started off as Sharapova's hitting partner but eventually became her coach. I'm not suggesting him as a coach for Caro, just an example.

Captain Matthew Gideon: I may have an idea.
Dureena Nafeel: I don't think you've recovered from your last good idea.
Captain Matthew Gideon: That would explain it.

Crusade: The Needs of Earth
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome