Tennis Forum banner

Does Chris Evert bother anyone else as a match commentator?

10K views 87 replies 46 participants last post by  RVD 
#1 ·
She's on ESPN way too much for me. She just stated, "The Ivanovic Radwanska match will be interesting since they both have the same type of game."

I don't think I've ever heard a more incorrect statement...

:help:

#70 ·
Best one last night was when Team Serenus lost a point and she said something along the lines of "Now see, there's where the inexperience shows" Umm....Chrissie, they've only been playing doubles for like 20+ years. xD

#77 ·
Her all out Sharapova stanning, combined with her urge to refer to Maria by her full name, "Maria Sharapova" at all times bother me.

I also don't think I've ever seen her do some on-court commentating like MJ Fernandez or Pam. I would love to see her do that. :devil:

#81 ·
Chris Evert is an all time great with one of the best tennis IQs in the history of the game. But as I've posted before, her problem is she isn't articulate. It's one thing to know the game, but it quite another to be able to convey that knowledge to an audience.

Martina, Lindsay, Pam, and Tracy are excellent commentators. Chrissie is not. Oh well. I guess you can't have everything.

#86 ·
Chrissie can make some clueless errors but she brings up some nice points here and there. Her talking about Kournikova and talking about Vika's grunt was very true but I so heard that comment she made about Ivanovic and Radwanska having similar games and I was just dying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.