TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6
View Single Post
post #345 of (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2013, 07:08 PM
country flag Protoss

Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
You mean with TJ? I think she has great defensive skills, and she has to use them. But when she is in a crosscourt backhand rally, and gets a short ball with her opponent in that corner, the down the line backhand is her best shot to win a point. But she has to wait for the right moments, because you dont want to give the point away, trying to end the points too quickly.
Thats what Sabine & Vekic did against Caroline, they tried to end points too quickly. Caroline spent a year and a half doing that also.
Use her defensive skills, go for winners when they are there.
I still say she was fine after the loss to Cibulkova at Wimbledon. She should have been having her normal practices, but working more with her serve.
If she can get back to that level, she is going to be fine.
Since this is a major, round by round it will get tougher, so we will see where her game is at right now
Yah, I meant Johansson. Thanks for the correction.

Caro's regular game hasn't been good enough to get past the 4th round of Wimbledon. So I think something different needs to be done whether it's along the lines of what Johansson had her doing or something else.

Captain Matthew Gideon: I may have an idea.
Dureena Nafeel: I don't think you've recovered from your last good idea.
Captain Matthew Gideon: That would explain it.

Crusade: The Needs of Earth

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome