#1 · (Edited)
What no thread for the 16 year old Karolina Pliskova?:confused:

Karolina got a WC for Prague and has made the QF

R1 def Molik 6-4 6-4
R2 def Kanepi (8) 1-6 6-3 7-5

Edie: Thread for both Karolina & Krystina:D

#1,083 · (Edited)
What are the chances they go out first round just not to play each other :lol:

First of all, just to note that last year at this time, both were playing on the ITF, so to be in WTA draws now is a testament to their play.

This is the first meeting between Kris and Coco. (Hopefully Coco keeps her out of her Twitter comments :oh: )

Karo is 1-0 against Mirjana. This is their first meeting on grass, but their forms coming into the tournament couldn't be more opposite. Karo should have this one! Also, she has 50K SF points to defend from last year.

#1,084 ·
Surprises continue.

Karo dumped by Mirjana, 3 & 2.

Kris defeats Coco, who I hear lead 4-0 in the second, 67(5) 76(5) 75! :eek: 17 aces :drool:

Lisicki is next :unsure:

#1,088 · (Edited)
Eastbourne qualies.

Both are in the same section:

(2)Madison Keys v (wc)Emily Webley-Smith
Kristyna Pliskova v Jill Craybas
Anne Keothavong v Tara Moore
Misaki Doi v (7)Karolina Pliskova

I don't think having them in the same section is necessarily a bad thing--forces one of them to qualify if it gets that far. Kris is more in need of the points--she has 160 points to defend at Wimbledon!

First round, Kris has not played Jill before.
Karo is 2-1 against Misaki, a budding rival. This is their first meeting on grass.

#1,095 ·
Good showing by the twins! Now who will qualify?

Currently Karo is 4-3 against Kris. She won the last meeting, but this is their first match on grass. Also their first WTA-level meeting!

Kris needs the points a bit more, so I'll be rooting for her to win!

#1,099 ·
Karo :hug:

Kris :woohoo: She really needs the insurance for W!

Here's her MD section:

(6)Kirilenko v Jovanovski
(wc)Baltacha v (Q)Kr.Pliskova
McHale v Wickmayer
Niculescu v (4)Kvitova

Kris couldn't have gotten a better first-round opponent. Kris, don't mess this up :eek:

#1,101 ·
Okay, I failed to give Elena some credit, she had just won the 50K Birmingham, and was also on form. The close match displays that.

Winning one round would have made things a bit easier for her going into Wimbledon, as now she still has 140 points to defend. Still good luck to both the twins, and I hope for good draws!

#1,104 ·
Wimbledon sections:

Karo:

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova [21] - Tsvetana Pironkova
Barbora Zahlavova Strycova [Q] - Magdalena Rybarikova
Anna Tatishvili - Petra Martic
Nadia Petrova [13] - Karolina Pliskova

Kris:

Roberta Vinci [11] - Chanelle Scheepers
Kristyna Pliskova - Jana Cepelova
Maria Teresa Torro-Flor - Irina Begu
Dominika Cibulkova [18] - Maria Elena Camerin [Q]

Karo will defeat Nadia in straight sets, and get her first-ever Wimbledon main draw win.

Kris has the harder mission. She has second-round points to defend, and got Jana, who she's 0-2 against. This is their first meeting on grass, but Jana is also a great grass-courter and has third-round points to defend!

Still, good luck to both her and Karo!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.