Tennis Forum banner

AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

122K views 2K replies 122 participants last post by  Icky80 
#1 · (Edited)

Voodoo Magic​

Cow On Plexicushion Evolution

See less See more
#566 ·
Awesome! :) I wanted to take two weeks off work so I could see as much as possible, but could only get the first week off. Now though, my typical days off in the second week should fall in line with Maria's half, so I might actually get to see some of it when (if?) Maria makes it to the second week.

#560 ·
NO! :sobbing: I'll miss Maria's first match of the year! I can't stay up on Sunday night, because of an exam early on Monday morning! It was the same thing last year: I missed her match vs Dulko! :hysteric:

#562 ·
I can't wait for the tournament to start

#567 ·
Apart from Serena (and Azarenka :eek::eek::eek:) I don't see any player being a threat to her although Venus in round 3 could be dangerous. :eek:

#568 ·
GM is on one of their usual bandwaggonning highs again :lol: Just because Radwanska gave Scrubulkova a beatdown, apparently now she's 3rd favourite for the title and fave to get through to the final from the bottom half of the draw :spit: Apparently Li would be no competition for her, even though she gave her 3 beatdowns in a row and has an infinitely stronger record at the AO. And let's not get started on her chances against the Queen :lol:

I can't even handle the mindless short-sightedness of some of these people sometimes. :eek:

#571 ·
Aga did very well winning back to back tournaments to open her season, so congrats to her. But as far as I'm concerned nothing has really changed when it comes to my own expectations of the AO. The chance that one of the top three will end up winning it must be at least 90%. Aga is one of the outsiders or 'tier two faves.' In a way Aga is somewhat in the same position as Wozzy was when she topped the ranking list - not a fave at the slams, but not entirely impossible that she could win one if she has a favorable draw and/or if she plays the match of her life at exactly the right moment. If anything, Radwanska is in a even more difficult position than Woz was because the contenders are the very top of the game are better than was the case when Caro was doing well. Having said that, I for one wouldn't mind if Aga would end up winning something big at some point, because contrary to most posters I like Aga's game and as far as I know I think she's a nice girl as well.

#570 ·
I swear it never used to be this bad though :lol:

I mean if Maria were to get through to the semis, I'd actually prefer her opponent to be Radwanska rather than Li, so I'm not saying this as wishful thinking.....it's just obvious that Li would be something like a 60-40 favourite against Radwanska at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.