Tennis Forum banner

Which?

• 2010 Australian Open

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 2010 Wimbledon

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • 2012 US Open

Votes: 49 59.8%

Which was Serena's easiest road to a Slam title?

9K views 107 replies 52 participants last post by  Adi1987 
#1 ·
Out of Cakewalkrena's recent slam titles, which one was the easiest? :confused:

Serena Williams, 2010 Australian Open
U Radwanska :spit:
P Kvitova
C Suarez Navarro :sobbing:
Samantha Stosur in Australia :spit:
Chokerenka
Li Na
J Comebacknin :shrug:

Serena Williams, 2010 Wimbledon
M Larcher de Brito :shrug:
A corpse :sobbing:
D Cibulkova
Shoulderpova :spit:
Li Na :wavey:
P Kvitova
V Zvonareva in a final :tape:

Serena Williams, 2012 US Open
C Vandeweghe
MJMS :sad:
E Makarova
A Hlavackova :help:
A Ivanovic :rolleyes:
S Errani :help:
Chokerenka

See less See more
#13 ·
Serena has won slams in every era she's played so it doesn't really matter who the competition was at those slams. She would have won anyways. Then again since the OP supports a player who's been given many cakewalk slam draws she couldn't take advantage of due to poor play I understand the bitterness.;)

#33 ·
None.

Each slam title she won required conditioning, preparation, drive, motivation, athleticism, mental toughness, a small degree of luck, and defeating the opponent on the other side of the net.
A slam tournament is essentially a 2 week marathon.
To think otherwise would be to diminish ALL opponents that she's faced in those respective tournaments. Is that what we're doing here?
Come on now.

Seriously...
What's up with these Serena threads?

HEY MAX, CAN I BORROW YOUR HAMMER?!

#16 ·
Wow, I remember everyone slamming her for the 2010 Wimbledon run, which I have to admit, seems the "weakest" of her slams (when you have 15, not every one will be slaying the dragons, and she's had plenty of hellish draws as well).

2012 US Open, it was 7-5 in the third against the World No. 1 who had beaten her in Miami once, and was holding a slam at the time, I don't call that an easy finalist. Was there anyone who wasn't her "pigeon" the second half of last year?? Doesn't make it a cakewalk draw.

#17 ·
2010 AO was not a cakewalk. Stosur leads Serena H2H in slams to date, Vika and Na play their best tennis on Plexicushion, and Justine wasn't as good as she was, but she was a dangerous floater with the unknown factor on her side.

Doesn't get easier than Zvonereva in a Wimbledon final though.

USO 2012 would have been a cakewalk if not for the final.

Biggest cakewalk of all time is still Ivanovic's slam win.

Reactions: Jajaloo
#24 ·
2010 AO was not a cakewalk. Stosur leads Serena H2H in slams to date, Vika and Na play their best tennis on Plexicushion, and Justine wasn't as good as she was, but she was a dangerous floater with the unknown factor on her side.

Doesn't get easier than Zvonereva in a Wimbledon final though.

USO 2012 would have been a cakewalk if not for the final.

Biggest cakewalk of all time is still Ivanovic's slam win.
No. It´s Kimberly 2011 Australian Open the easiest of all time

Radwanska QF
Zvonareva SF
Li F

#19 ·
2010 AO and W were not easy. Unless you think Na Li, Kvitova and Sharpaova are easy opponents to play against? Or Justine, Azarenka and Li Na again? GTFO. The 2012 US Open was her easiest slam win to date, she does not usually get kind draws and she doesn't need them anyways.

#29 · (Edited)
NO, I wouldn't call coming back from 2 points away from losing your final at GS easy, plus Vika was very good at that match, the best she's played Serena in fact, although the other matches leading to the USO 2012 final were very easy for Serena.

Wimbledon 2010 is the easiest. the match against Li might be the hardest, but come on, Li was so bad at that match that Serena did not need to do much at all. Sharapova and Kvitova were so up and down, and they were no where to beat Serena, who at the tournament was playing about 70% near her best, and still cruised to the trophy without dropping a set. That's SO cakewalk.

And you gotta be kidding me with the Australian 2010.

#32 ·
I don't know if its fair to dismiss one's run to a title simply because during that run, they got to play their "bitches." In all of Federer's pre-2007 runs, he didn't exactly have to play anyone who gave him that much trouble...at all. So I guess his Grand Slams wins were easy :shrug:.

#36 ·
:lol: Sorry debopero. My right hand rebelled and hit the "Quote" button rather than the "Reply" button. :lol: :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.