Tennis Forum banner

Sydney R1: (3) Sara Errani d. (Q) Karo Pliskova, 61 63, in 51 min.

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  F4CU 
#1 · (Edited)
Karo :hug: Sara was just too tough!

Edit: Good luck to Karo at the AO!

#2 · (Edited)
Cannot WAIT to see the Plissy Sissys come into form in a few years time :bounce:

Second set started great for Karo, then the usual errors crept in, and Errani hit some great passing shots.

Decent second set for her. She should go into AO somewhat confident!

#3 ·
Pliskova yet to break the Top 100, both twins, but when that will happen I am not even sure that would be their place. I saw both and play very similiar game: great serve, decent double skills, and 9/10 shots from the ground don't even enter the court. I don't think they'll ever do something excellent in singles. In doubles? Probably.
Errani shows once again she is too good for players out of first 20 of the world, and a threat for everyone except 6/7 players. Which is remarkable, considering the mess of serve she has.

#9 ·
Only shot Pliskova had was to hit the ball in the court more than 10 % of times. This, obviously, did not happen, like.. uhm, almost always.
She might hope to draw some random hard hitter like Giorgi or Robson or Gajdosova who can be, on bad days, worse than her. Which is some kind of achievement. Be worse than Pliskova.. yeah.

#21 ·
sara :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.