Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen
Atheist, agnostic whatever. To make my own position clear:
- I no longer believe in a personal God and saviour although I used to.
- I think when you are dead that's it.
- I do not claim I'm right and others with their personal beliefs are wrong. I have no wish to impose my view on anyone else.
- I do have respect for other people's religious convictions.
- I've not looked into other religions apart from Christianity and have no desire to do so.
As far as an omnipresent impersonal creator - I'm open-minded on this. Science cannot disprove the existence of God. If you ask what or who started the big-bang, the answer you'll get from a physicist is that it is a meanigless question because time and space did not exist before the big-bang. And if there's no time - it is meaningless to put a question about "before
the big band". I suspect most people find that answer unsatisfactory. To be told that their question is meaningless as an answer usually riles most people up.
Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
Last edited by terjw; Dec 15th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.