Tennis Forum banner

Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

372K views 910 replies 261 participants last post by  malarkist 
#1 · (Edited)
Ana has been losing weight steadily this last year now.

Yes, she does look nice off the court, in commercials and still ads; but is she flirting with danger?

I say that because Ana is naturally a big girl, the weight she is at now seems a bit artificial; like a ballet dancer or runway model asked to lose to weight to keep her job.

Another concern is, she may not stop here and may continue to shed more pounds/kilos

When Ana won RG, she was an healthy looking athlete, proportionally built.
She played well in this tournament, but I would hate to see her play level drop and hampered because she does not have enough energy reserve.

We are told that her trainer back when she won RG has joined her team.
Maybe he'll take note of this and make a professional judgement.
He may decide that this is a healthy weight for Ana and make no big deal of it.

Note: This is not a Ana bashing thread, I know it is a challenge to resist gratuitous swipe at players,
but this is not and not meant to be one of those threads.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Ana's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned Yet??

She is sooo slim <-- My mum says :lol:
Yes, I notice this, and so as her beauty is kept...

Reactions: Miranda
#409 ·
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned Yet??

Oops!! Rough start!!

Please read the opening post carefully before making your contribution to this thread.

This is NOT a " Ana vs. Others" thread.
Remember when I said to you couple of days ago on some other topic how people in Serbia are reacting on every news about Ana. Same thing here, sometimes it seems to me exactly what I said to you: they are jealous of her success and looks, waiting for a chance to make jokes about her, but they are actually ridiculous. Then you said to me I am treating them like immatures. Well, this proves most of them are immature. Sadly, people are like wolfs who wait for a chance to provoke successfull people.

Now about what you said... Yes, she lost some weight, but I don't see that like a problem, at least for now. She is actually moving faster on court, and her forehand still remains powerfull. Her only problem is lack of self confidence during matches, but that will come with her becoming complete player in the future. But I agree, it would be interesting to hear what some other experts think about her weight at the moment. We'll se how she'll play in 2013. I hope it will be a season when she'll be back in top 10, and become consistent again. :) Do you agree?

Reactions: HowardH
#10 ·

I agree she has been losing weight steadily and already showed my concern around january/february when I was alot more of a fan.

I grown less interested in her but still find it somewhat worrying, but she has new fitness coach now so I think he definately discusses such issues with her. :)

#12 ·

I agree she has been losing weight steadily and already showed my concern around january/february when I was alot more of a fan.

I grown less interested in her but still find it somewhat worrying, but she has new fitness coach now so I think he definately discusses such issues with her. :)
Is it true that the fitness coach/trainer is the same person who was with her when she won RG?

In my opinion, that was a healthy weight for Ana.

#22 ·
I thought she looked good. Her arms and legs had muscle tone, they weren't just skin and bones. She probably shouldn't lose too much more weight but she looked very healthy to me.

Reactions: rada
#384 · (Edited)
Priceless posts so far

I thought she looked good. Her arms and legs had muscle tone, they weren't just skin and bones. She probably shouldn't lose too much more weight but she looked very healthy to me.
She looks fit to me and moving great, you people jump at EVERYTHING.
I don't think she's too skinny now, she needed to lose weight I think. THat will help her game alot. Of course she can't lose much more from now on but it seems to work for her. She was never fat but she was less "fit" than most of the top10 girls. I think it's all ^positive, it's not really dramatic etheir lol.
Everyone at my house thought she looked amazing last night.
I think she's an example of good weight loss. She dropped the baby fat. She looks great.
She looks fine.
She's not any thinner than Sharapova--she used to look a little chubby--now she's fit.
I think she looks fantastic, the best she has ever looked.
I think she looks great...let's not forget cameras add 10 pounds/kilos.
Ana looks amazing right now. When I saw her in the flesh a month ago I was blown away, she is slim but very toned

This board makes me sick.
Leave her alone

She looks great. If this were 3000 years ago we would all look like this. Having to actually hunt our food and exercising constantly would make us totally ripped.

Unfortunately nowadays everyone is so fat that what is considered "normal" is actually overweight.
OP obviously likes fatties.

ana looking better than ever after shedding the pounds
Wow she looks hotter than ever, thats not good, she must put on weight and become fat
You are making something out of nothing. To me, Ana looks fine, this is all based on your own personal speculation. Only Ana and those around her know her situation, and for you (or a commentator) to call her anorexic is not appropriate.
She looks like most of others supermodels
It's not hers fault that other WTA players is fat

Actually Ana's about 65 kilos weight is perfect for female tennis player, so she is not too skinny, but maybe just too tall
I like the slim version better then the chubby one

Looks fantastic to me.

#23 ·
She looks fit to me and moving great, you people jump at EVERYTHING.

#26 ·
she was kind of fat when she won RG.
She's skinny now and not unhealthily so but I hope that she didn't just shed the pounds but instead replaced it with lean muscle. She needs to pull a davenport 2005 (who was also a big girl) and get herself lean and muscley.

#27 ·
2011:
Practice Photo (Australian Open + Hopman Cup)

#28 ·
2010:
Practice Photos (US Open 2010)

#29 ·
2010:
Wimby Pre-Party

#30 ·
2011:
(Hopman Cup Pre-Party + Wimby Pre-party)

#31 ·
2010:
(Luxembourg, Bali + i forgot)

#32 ·
2011:
Hopman Cup

#33 ·
Im actually noticing a BIG difference from late last year to early this year.....i thought she look FANTASTIC last year, also midway this year shes gained some muscle and now she looks like shes lose some weight......shes known to be up and down when it comes to weight......2007-2010 she looked PERFECT!!!!!!

#36 ·
Yeah she does still look healthy, but the fear she continues losing the pound.

These things have a way of taking on a life of their own and no loss is never enough.
Hopefully, it will come to that point.

The long summer will tell whether she continues losing weight, or the current weight holds up to the USO series grind

#39 ·
It's the same for Ivanovic as any athlete. First find a weight where you don't get sick, then add or lose weight to find your best performing weight. For most tennis players, that's less not more. As long as she's menstruating and not getting sick, she should keep losing weight as long as her results keep improving.

How she LOOKS at a given weight is a non-issue. It's all about health and performance.

#40 ·
It's the same for Ivanovic as any athlete. First find a weight where you don't get sick, then add or lose weight to find your best performing weight. For most tennis players, that's less not more. As long as she's menstruating and not getting sick, she should keep losing weight as long as her results keep improving.
So you think she is looking for optimum combination of weight-health-performance ?

How she LOOKS at a given weight is a non-issue. It's all about health and performance.
I hope you are not suggesting it is a good idea for Ana to continue this exploratory process of trial-and-error for ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.