Tennis Forum banner

Your tennis results?!

305K views 2K replies 311 participants last post by  Spencer. 
#1 ·
So it's technically about tennis, but I thought it would have a better fit here in non tennis. This would be a thread just to post your own personal tennis results as they happen for those of us that play for fun. Yesterday I played a freind of mine that I play the most and I won 5-7, 6-3, 6-1. I was up 4-0 in the first set and then i don't know what happened :eek: but after the first set I only faced one break point the rest of the match and I saved it. :bounce:

#1,950 ·
Asking those who are in Melbourne, what are usually the weaker tournaments in VIC? I think I'll be moving interstate next year :woohoo:
It seems that everyone goes to Boroondara and Melbourne Park, even though they're Whites... Like, does anyone bother going to Tasmania or Adelaide to play?

#1,953 ·
chingching I had a dream the other night and since my dreams are random I was all over the place, and randomly was in Estonia, and was at a clay event and saw "chingching" on the draw list, and was all :eek: then I woke up so I have no clue if you and Anett made the finals or anything! :shrug:

#1,955 ·
:hug: You're playing against people who are like actually ranked in Australia right? Actual national ranking? Accomplishment in and of itself to be playing at that level! I'm sure you've heard it a million times before but it must be pretty exciting ;) It'd be exciting to be able to be at that level, especially for me :lol:

#1,956 ·
First matches in a while today, played on synthetic grass (Qeeen V faints:lol:)

Doubles: Playing with a lefty for once which is good because we both have big FH's, he was rusty too and we went down break 0-2*. Got the break back, and I nearly aced us to a hold, but we were broken:(

Quickly lost momentum losing the next two games after that as well. But at 1-5* 15-30* We started to bring up our level, winning 10 points in a row to get back to 3-5* 40-0*:D Broke on the second bp, but went down 4-5 0-40, my partner serving:eek: Saved the first with a quick DTL FH winner, the second was saved by an un-returnable lefty serve, but the third we lost out on with my partner hitting a DTL FH into the net:fiery: A good warm up though...

Singles: Served first, quickly held and broke no trouble at all. The guy defended well and returned a lot, but other than a good redirection of ball, had no weapons. My FH was so on:hearts: The best my FH's ever played, good deep topspin finsishing rallies off with a flat CC FH:D I hit side to side and he got some back despite the power of the FH:( But then I would dropshot him, didn't miss a dropshot at all today, played them very well:) He held at 3-0, but I ended up winning 6-1:cool: ROS was good too, hit an big CC FH winner of a serve and even he look kinda impressed

Overall we lost on sets, this league they count games, and we were equal, but we lost on sets, losing 2-4. Very annoying, as one of my team mates had a ton of gps at 4-4, which he lost 6-4. Just needed one more game:eek:

#1,963 ·
#1,966 ·
All right ... so I've got my open ranking now ... 197 out of 236 for my Section ... I think I need to play 2 more tournaments and I qualify for a National one ... not sure how USTA handles that.

So I'm going on the record as saying:

1) I'll play a tournament on 08/23 and 09/05.

2) I'll get in tournament shape for these outings ... I'm jiggly.

3) I'm scared, :lol:.

#1,970 ·
Well my team ended up winning our league and now we're going to districts :cheer:

But here comes the bad news... They're being held on August 2nd. Want to know what else is August 2nd? The Real Madrid vs. Manchester United game in Ann Arbor, MI, that I'm going to :sobbing:

I'll be able to make the first match at 8am but the second match is at 12:30 pm and the game starts at 4. :tears:

If we win our round robin flight (us and two other teams) then we play in the finals against the team from the other round robin. And then if we win that, then we go to states. And if we win states, then regionals/sectionals. But we will most likely be out first round :tape:

#1,975 ·
No doubles today, lost 6-0 in singles:(:eek:

I wasn't winning rallies, we both hit deep and flat, but for the first time ever, I regret it was clay, as my winner shots were all returned due to the slow bounce. He was just a bit better than me, I was *just* more powerful, but today he was more consistent, as my shots would go wide after 10 shots of scrambling round the court. My dropshots were off, but even still I had: 15-30 at 0-0*, 40-15 at *0-1, 30-15 at *0-3, 4 bps at 0-4* and 2 gps at *0-5. I used to wonder how people could stuff it up SO MUCH on every single important point, but now I know. I was just being a little unlucky and he upped his level when down

I wasn't even playing bad on the gps and bps, but every time he would win the point, just an unlucky error:fiery::eek: He got a lucky netcord at 40-30 gp in the last game:rolleyes::lol:

Worst loss so far for me, but quite happy I got a good challenge:) And my FH and BH were very good just couldn't hit through him due to the slow surface and cold temp slowing the ball down. That was the most frustrating bit, as I hit all these big powerful shots that were returned. In hindsight, I should've rallied a little longer before going for a dropshot and spent more time concentrating on serve(in the last game I finally found a good tactic (rally and drop shot), but my serve let me down)

#1,978 ·
Cory choosing to watch MANUre instead of playing tennis :spit: :spit: :spit:

#1,980 ·
Played tournament yesterday very small only 8 kids, I won my first match 7-5 7-6 (7-4) pushing the ball whcih was not good and then i faced the first seed in the "semis" and lost 6-2 7-6 (7-1) I even had set points in the second but i couldn't convert. Anyway wasn't a bad weekend at least got some points to further help my ranking. Here is the draw:

http://ota.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=8CB1A959-68AD-4C21-9D9B-158F2E6A82FC&draw=1

I also played adult league match today for the first time. I played mens second doubles in "B" league and we lost 6-1 6-4 and I played pretty badly as did my partner but we could have beat them if we were a little better on serving and volleying. We played an experienced doubles team though so im not so disappointed by the score and the first set was much closer than scoreline indicates because we went to deuce a ton, but always lost it then.. the match lasted 1hr 20 minutes to put it into perspective. Anyway nice week, and thanks to all who would read my boring post. :)

#1,981 ·
Won my final match of the season, 6-0 6-2 :cheer:

The guy I played is a 73 year old guy with really long dreads :lol:

His play style is slice, slice, and more slice. 0% top spin attempted, and I'm not even kidding :lol:

Was a good day at the office for me basically. Didn't do much wrong. Didn't go for a lot though. He wasn't as consistent as he was last season when we played. I won that match last season 6-4 6-2. I think I was also expecting his play style more today, so I know I had to move my feet, and use top spin to get it over the net. He also rushed the net a lot, and I got some good passing shots. Hit a really nice BHDTL return winner in the last game of the match :drool: I was surprisingly decent at the net the few times I ventured up there :cheer:

Only lapse of concentration came when I was up 6-0 3-0*, and it was 0-15 in my favor, and I hit 4 errors in a row, then he broke me to love. To his credit though he hit some nice weird slices on the baseline and caught me flat footed, but I got right back to business hitting deep and just solid.

Went 4W and 1L for the season. Technically I went 6W and 1L, but 2 of them were wins by default, so I don't count those.

Matches:

1: Win 6-1 6-1
2: Win 1-6 6-3 6-2 :)spit: that match :help: :lol:)
3: Lose 5-7 6-2 3-6
4: Win 6-2 6-3
5: Win by default
6: Win 6-0 6-2
7: Win by default

The play offs start in a few days :)

#1,983 ·
#1,991 ·
^I hate interfering parents. Some of them are SO biassed towards their child:rolleyes::mad:

I don't take shit from bad calls though:lol: I can look very serious and I have a forceful voice sometimes that makes the bad callers retract their calls. The AYFKM look I give them when it is a good half metre in:lol:

#1,996 ·
I'm so happy I grew up in a household that was always fair. So happy I never grew up thinking winning was the only thing. I could not live with myself if I cheated to win. How the Hell do these people not feel guilt when they purposely do this shit to win? I'd much rather be the ultimate scrub being fair, than get higher in the ranks/farther in the tournament by being a cheater :eek:

Good on you guys :cheer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.