2013 Australian Open Wild Card playoffs
Australian Open Wild Card playoffs, Dec. 14-16 in Norcross, Ga.
This year's list from USA Today
- Falconi (22, Jupiter, Fla.), the one-time world No. 73 and Pan American Games gold medalist who reached the third round of the 2011 U.S. Open.
- Burdette (21, Jackson, Ga.), the former Stanford standout who reached the third round of the 2012 U.S. Open after winning a USTA Wild Card
- Keys (17, Rock Island, Ill.), last year's Australian Open Wild Card Playoff winner who is the second-youngest player ranked in the WTA Top 140 after winning a $75,000 USTA Pro Circuit event in Phoenix this November.
- Sanchez (23, Modesto, Calif.), once the top-ranked college singles player at Southern California who won a $50,000 and a $75,000 USTA Pro Circuit event in 2012 to boost her ranking more than 560 places since 2011.
- Glatch (21, Newport Beach, Calif.), who was the runner-up to current World No. 1 Victoria Azarenka in the 2005 US Open junior championship.
- Cohen (23, Philadelphia), who broke through to the WTA Top 100 in (No. 97) in July.
- Riske (22, Pittsburgh), who has played in the main draw of the Australian Open (2011-12) and Wimbledon (2010-11) twice.
- Mattek-Sands, who was ranked a career-high No. 30 in the world in July 2011 before being sidelined with a shoulder injury. The 27-year old Fed Cup veteran has played in 12 consecutive U.S. Opens and reached the fourth round at Wimbledon (2008) and the third round of the French Open (2011).
Keys, Sanchez, Mattek-Sands, Thoughts?
Last edited by tenisamulo; Nov 28th, 2012 at 05:14 AM.