What no thread for the 16 year old Karolina Pliskova?:confused:

Karolina got a WC for Prague and has made the QF

R1 def Molik 6-4 6-4
R2 def Kanepi (8) 1-6 6-3 7-5

Edie: Thread for both Karolina & Krystina:D

#857 ·
IW qualies.

Karo's draw:

(7)Coco Vandeweghe (USA) v Nastassja Burnett (ITA)
Casey Dellacqua (AUS) v (22)Marta Sirotkina (RUS)

(8)Vesna Dolonc (SRB) v Renata Voracova (CZE)
Karolina Pliskova (CZE) v (19)Olga Puchkova (RUS)

Kris's draw:

(11)Jana Cepelova (SVK) v Mallory Burdette (USA)
Julia Cohen (USA) v (13)Melinda Czink (HUN)

(12)Kristyna Pliskova (CZE) v (wc)Grace Min (USA)
Sharon Fichman (CAN) v (18)Estrella Cabeza Candela (ESP)

Karo has a much tougher opening round, meeting Puchkova, who reached the final of Brazil. Karo is also 1-3 against her, and will be jetlagged coming all the way from Malaysia to play tomorrow! Will her confidence get her through this match? We'll see!

Kris meets former junior rival Grace Min, who she beat on the way to the girls' title at Wimbledon in 2010. Kris *should* beat her, but her play has been streaky as of late.

#876 ·
check my youtube acct; uploaded Kris vs Min, I SO believed Kris would advance after the 1st set(recorded the final 3 or 4 games or so of the 1st), didn't watch the 2nd and when I returned at 3rd set 1-2 she was making errors..those are on my video :tears:

And Karo vs Olga 1st set coming up, will take time because I'm just too tired. Returned at 9:30pm yesterday..

#881 ·
I was lucky to catch this practice match with Eva? Birnerova? Didn't even know it was scheduled, was too busy watching matches, but she was there at practice court 2 when I walked by :lol: Was Karo sleeping to catch up with the jet lag or what :lol:

And man, those pics are good :worship:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.