Tennis Forum banner

Who Wins "Saved The SEWTA" for 2012 ???

Which Hero Had The Best "Saved The SEWTA" Moment of 2012 ???

7K views 85 replies 56 participants last post by  nathanj594 
#1 ·
Nominations:

Na Li d Petra Kvitova 16 75 62 in Sydney P470 SF (prevented Kvitova from ascending to SEWTA #1)

Marion Bartoli d Viktoria Azarenka 63 63 in Miaim P1000 QF (stopped Azarenka's winning streak)

Maria Sharapova d Sara Errani 63 62 in Roland Garros GS2000 FINAL (prevented Errani from winning a GS title)

Serena Williams d Agnieszka Radwanska 61 57 62 in Wimbledon GS2000 FINAL (prevented Radwanska from winning a GS title and ascending to SEWTA #1)

Serena Williams d Maria Sharapova 60 61 in London OG685 FINAL (prevented Sharapova from winning a career Golden Slam)

Na Li d Agnieszka Radwanska 62 61 in Montreal P900 QF (prevented Radwanska from ascending to SEWTA #1)

Bojana Jovanovski d Julia Cohen 63 61 in Baku MM280 FINAL (prevented Cohen from winning a SEWTA title)

Laura Robson d Kimberly Clijsters 76 76 in USO GS2000 2R (prevented USO-GOAT Clijsters from taking another USO title)

Venus Williams d Monica Niculescu 62 63 in Luxembourg MM280 FINAL (prevented Niculescu from winning an indoor SEWTA title)

Serena Williams d Viktoria Azarenka 62 26 75 in USO GS2000 FINAL (prevented Azarenka from pulling away from the rest of Generation KRAP as a 2x GS CHAMP)

See less See more
#41 ·
Sharapova vs Errani
Williams S vs Radwanska
Williams S vs Azarenka

2 saves from one-slam wonders and flukes and one save from a new multiple slam winner , all of them didn't deserve such achievements in 2012 , maybe later if they try harder and play better, but not in 2012

#44 ·
Oh there were many of them, even though only one is included in the poll, which is London Olympics.

So I'd start here:
Vika trashing the Shrieking Razor in Melbourne, thus preventing the world from growing facial hair.
Vika trashing the Shrieking Razor in Indian Wells.
Aga trolling Guardians by leaving the Shrieking Razor Miamiless.
Sarin trashing the Shrieking Razor in Madrid.
Sarin TRASHING the Shrieking Razor in London.
Vika making the Shrieking Razor her ***** in NYC.
Vika dismissing the Shrieking Razor in Beijing.
Sarin being kind to allow the Shrieking Razor to get some games in Istanbul.

#45 ·
why are you trolling for the sake of trolling?and that too not in an intelligent way. Calling players by insulting names just disgraces yourself. I am a fan of both masha and vika,serena too. Gm is already trolled enough by the 3 mashatards giving the entire fanbase a wondrful reputation. Dont let them drag you to their level. Most of vika's fans here are reasonable. Let it remain that way. And i agree with the poster that said this is anöther hate thread. Not a surprise though.

#47 ·
Who'll save this forum?

What wrong would be with Kim Clijstrs winning her fourth USO title? Can Rena be a five-time Wimbledon winer, why couldn't Kim have four New York titles?
What wrong if Vika kept her winning streak in March? I'm no fan of her, yet she's an excellent player nonetheless and she was having a great time in winter.
What wrong if Aga won last Wimby thus ascending to #1? I can understand objections against slamless First Racket, but she wouldn't be slamless, had she won.
Etc etc... The only actual goal of this thread is to feed variuos resentments harboured by some poor beings posting here.

Who will save this forum from rubbish like this thread?

#53 ·
What wrong would be with Kim Clijstrs winning her fourth USO title? Can Rena be a five-time Wimbledon winer, why couldn't Kim have four New York titles?
What wrong if Vika kept her winning streak in March? I'm no fan of her, yet she's an excellent player nonetheless and she was having a great time in winter.
What wrong if Aga won last Wimby thus ascending to #1? I can understand objections against slamless First Racket, but she wouldn't be slamless, had she won.
Etc etc... The only actual goal of this thread is to feed variuos resentments harboured by some poor beings posting here.

Who will save this forum from rubbish like this thread?
because it will be using "weak field" advantage , she won one Slam - enough for her in 2012 , a few years ago she with this game won't be reaching Semis
you do know that using your logic your beloved favourite has completed the career grand slam using weak field advantage. So you mean to say it was a fluke and undeserving? Ok. Your hatred is limitlep.

#49 ·
Would have piked Kim defeating Karol in Melbourne and ending her reign, but since it's not an option I'll go with Serena-Wimbledon.

#52 ·
A tie between these 4:

Serena Williams d Agnieszka Radwanska 61 57 62 in Wimbledon GS2000 FINAL (prevented Radwanska from winning a GS title and ascending to SEWTA #1)

Serena Williams d Maria Sharapova 60 61 in London OG685 FINAL (prevented Sharapova from winning a career Golden Slam)

Na Li d Agnieszka Radwanska 62 61 in Montreal P900 QF (prevented Radwanska from ascending to SEWTA #1)

Bojana Jovanovski d Julia Cohen 63 61 in Baku MM280 FINAL (prevented Cohen from winning a SEWTA title)

#63 ·
in that form Azarenka would have been stopped by both . When Azarenka is becoming tired she is a punchbag

#66 ·
Aw, you're just trying too hard and failing. Shrieking razor? :lol:
Why does she have you all hot and bothered?

This post has been deleted
#73 ·
Goerges def. Peer at Charleston, I remember that, later came about 6 threats about this :lol:

#86 ·
In all honesty, bickering aside, I know I'm new here, but truthfully. I am really proud of what the WTA has done this year. It makes me feel proud to be a fan of women's tennis and have something to back up the argument with. For years the ATP has had the "Big 4" and people were always constantly comparing the WTA with that fact. People were pressed because the WTA had a forever array of changing champions (Schiavonie, Na, Kvitova, Stosur with Kim and Serena sprinkled in between) and they didn't know who to favor or pick when the big tournaments came up. 2012 changed all that. How many times did any of the newly formed "Big 3" meet in the big stages of tournaments? Clearly Serena is a standout, but I am so proud of what Vika and Maria have done this year as well. Hopefully 2013 and beyond can be like this year. 2012 was a fantastic year for the WTA and no matter who saved it or not, we should all reflect on how amazing it was.

Reactions: backhandsmash
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.