Tennis Forum banner

Who Wins "Saved The SEWTA" for 2012 ???

Which Hero Had The Best "Saved The SEWTA" Moment of 2012 ???

7K views 85 replies 56 participants last post by  nathanj594 
#1 ·
Nominations:

Na Li d Petra Kvitova 16 75 62 in Sydney P470 SF (prevented Kvitova from ascending to SEWTA #1)

Marion Bartoli d Viktoria Azarenka 63 63 in Miaim P1000 QF (stopped Azarenka's winning streak)

Maria Sharapova d Sara Errani 63 62 in Roland Garros GS2000 FINAL (prevented Errani from winning a GS title)

Serena Williams d Agnieszka Radwanska 61 57 62 in Wimbledon GS2000 FINAL (prevented Radwanska from winning a GS title and ascending to SEWTA #1)

Serena Williams d Maria Sharapova 60 61 in London OG685 FINAL (prevented Sharapova from winning a career Golden Slam)

Na Li d Agnieszka Radwanska 62 61 in Montreal P900 QF (prevented Radwanska from ascending to SEWTA #1)

Bojana Jovanovski d Julia Cohen 63 61 in Baku MM280 FINAL (prevented Cohen from winning a SEWTA title)

Laura Robson d Kimberly Clijsters 76 76 in USO GS2000 2R (prevented USO-GOAT Clijsters from taking another USO title)

Venus Williams d Monica Niculescu 62 63 in Luxembourg MM280 FINAL (prevented Niculescu from winning an indoor SEWTA title)

Serena Williams d Viktoria Azarenka 62 26 75 in USO GS2000 FINAL (prevented Azarenka from pulling away from the rest of Generation KRAP as a 2x GS CHAMP)

See less See more
#9 ·
Serena beaing Agnieszka "forever slamless" Radwanska at Wimbledon definitely

next is Li Na in Montreal

#82 ·
:yeah:

#19 ·
it wasn't only best save of WTA, but simulataneously the worst fail of WTA

#36 ·
This.

if Aga won Montreal, she would have been SEWTA #1 :bigwave:
No. She should have performed well in Cincinnati too, I think. In addition, Li defeated her in quarterfinal, it's not like it was in a match which could have given to Aga the #1 spot.

By the way, I'm not sure to understand why Serena saved the WTA in Wimbledon. What do you want. Aga would have won, then she would have become No.1 holding a prestigious GS title (Wimbledon), 2 Premier Mandatories (Beijing and Miami), and 4 other Premier titles (Tokyo, Carlsbad, Dubai, Brussels). If that's not enough to be considered as a No.1...

There's no 'savior' of the WTA. Just some players who defeated other players because they were better at the moment and deserved their win. This thread is actually just another one asking by detours "Who is the player you hate the most", so not interesting.

#28 ·
Maria for keeping Errani from winning GS. I mean, Ana should have won the match vs Errani in 3rd round already, if I remember Ivanovic lead 6-1 5-4 but lost the match due to lack of self confidence and than Errani started her run to the final. Once again I will say, I have nothing against Errani, but really, GS champion? It takes much more. But, good luck Errani. :)

#32 ·
To be honest, even though I voted Na whimsically due to not wanting another slamless #1, due credit to Maria. Imagine Errani (as much as I admire her personality) winning RG and then being the first victim of a Golden Set in the Open Era a few weeks later, would put fuel to the fire about the weakness of the WTA of late. :help:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.