Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Photos of Petra Kvitova

2M views 5K replies 184 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 · (Edited)
Please Put all photos / images / avatars / wallpapers of Petra here : matches, interviews, events, photo shoots etc. (both on-court/on-tour & off-court/off-tour) Thank You.

#3,968 ·
Viral things are by definition stupid. I don't get it either, but if it help raise money, let it be. Then again I don't quite get FB, Twitter etc. etc.

#3,979 ·
Indeed. :hearts:

#3,986 ·
#3,994 ·

:unsure: I know this is only a bad angle, but this picture gives me gross vibe :lol: (it must be the memories of her previous relationship)

#3,995 ·
Yes, :lol: luckily it's only a result of the telezoom lens compresion. ;)

Anyway, it's great to see her smile again and also it was great to see two good friends like Petra and Magda enjoying their success together. :worship:

#3,998 ·
They are called Slovaks. :) And the two languages are very similar, so Petra is most likely speaking in Czech and they are speaking in Slovak. ;)
We understand each other most of the time, only people (youngsters) who are not use to meet Slovaks have problems understanding because they don't know some words. Most of the matured and older people understand Slovak well, Slovaks usually don't have problems understanding Czech because there are many Czech shows, films or TV series in Slovak television networks. :)

#3,999 ·
"A language is a dialect with an army."

I don't know any of the four languages, but are Czech and Slovak not surely far closer than Spanish and Italian, whose ancestors were already mutually incomprehensible by the ninth century? I'd have guessed Danish/Norwegian/Swedish would be a better analogy.

I do remember reading a piece by a European parliament translator that a Slovak translation was only provided for political reasons (the implication being that any Slovak could perfectly well understand the Czech relay).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.