TennisForum.com - View Single Post - YEC qualifiers record against each other
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:51 PM
country flag Vespertine69

Re: YEC qualifiers record against each other

Serena's record is obviously amazing, credit to how she owns almost any h2h.

Na's record doesn't surprise me too much - although she is such a streaky, inconsistent player (who will often lose to a scrub) she doesn't get intimidated by other big players particularly, and I generally get the feeling that she doesn't fear anyone. Although she's only got a 1-5 record vs Serena, match by match they've all be relatively close and Serena has never steamrolled her.

Radwanska's record isn't really that surprising either... but I don't think it's fair to diss her for it. The strength of her game is in her consistency and control, and a fellow top player with a bigger game is going to do well against her if they play well. However, she makes up for it by almost never losing to non-top players, whereas many of the other top girls who have the bigger games (Kvitova, etc) are more prone to having a bad day versus a lower ranked player. Also, I think it's important to credit Radwanska for trying to become more aggressive and trying to add to her serve and ground game in order to make herself a bigger threat to other top players.

* Anna Chakvetadze * Anastasia Myskina *

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome