Tennis Forum banner

Sabine in Asia (Tokyo/Beijing)

12K views 141 replies 27 participants last post by  Michael! 
#1 ·
Tokyo

Lisicki v Q
BYE v [2]Sharapova

#5 ·
Well, if she has to meet a top player early I'm actually glad it's Sharapova because she has her partly figured out
Yes and No Jimmie. She played great against Sharapova twice this summer, however both matches were at her beloved Wimbledon. Sabine looks a different animal on grass than she does on any other surface. Who knows how she'll play in Tokyo, because away from grass courts she's incredibly inconsistent

#3 ·
Jo, Du hastes aufn Punkt gebracht ;)
No more comments possible, while we have no idea of her form, shape, constitution,feeling, serviceconfidence...to be continued...

Don't believe in coincidences when I watch the draws of the last big WTA tournaments. Well, couldn't resist the following comment about the draw: looks like WTA merciless wants to get one special (so much loved) girl to reach Istanbul at the very last moment! :devil:

Want my girls at least date a famous golfer or hockey player, pleeeeze :oh:

#10 ·
Ich wusste dass das kommt, sorry, aber das ist Schwachsinn. Das hätte doch ihr ranking für tokyo nicht geändert:facepalm:
Das draw ist einfach pech, oder glück? wer weiß das schon, bevor der erste/letzte Punkt gespielt ist ... :p

Sabine is out of any prediction. This we know well. She can win playing against the number one ranking and quietly lose against No.300. Out of the grass gets really hard to predict a result.
Anyway we know she arrived in Tokyo and the rest will be another surprise...if she only takes care with the food :p

#9 ·
Sabine is out of any prediction. This we know well. She can win playing against the number one ranking and quietly lose against No.300. Out of the grass gets really hard to predict a result. And then there is always the obstacle of the first round and his first approach to the tournament, really disastrous in this season.

:scared::scared:

#12 ·
well, I won´t talk about Sharapova already, as she has to beat a Qualifier first and that will be hard enough!
On a bad day Sabine can play like sh** to say it simple and could lose to anyone, so I just hope that she is well prepared and able to win that one match at least and then she hopefully is able to play a good match vs Maria but focus is on 1st round now first!!

#13 ·
Abwarten, gegen die Qualifikantin kann eh schon Endstation sein momentan.

Sie MUSS ein Match gewinnen, dann evtl. gegen Sharapova zu verlieren, das ist keine Schande, nur bitte nicht schon wieder in Runde 1 rausgehen.

#16 ·
But thats nothing than statistics, ... the whole year she was more injured or sick than the opposite...so what? Shit on P5, major and all this crap, the season is gone, and she better works on her healthy (how to keep it on) and strength than preparing winter like a squirrel... :shrug:

#19 ·
Let's not get too excited about Sharapova, she has a match to win against someone else first. Apart from Wimbledon, she hasn't won a single match since Charleston, which in anyone's book is a terrible year. Does anyone know which qualifying mtach she plays the winner of?

#24 ·
#29 ·
Lisa Raymond is a good partner for her. She's very experienced and Sabine has a tendency to make bad decisions, so she might help her. Sabine is a confidence player, and gathers real momentum like a snowball rolling down a hill when she's winning. Even picking up wins in doubles will help her singles

#35 ·
Heather Watson is an interesting match for her, she is quite small, so struggles against the bigger hitters. If Sabine can get into a rythym on her serve and forehand, she should get a win. The downside to Heather for Sabine is her defence, she will make Sabine play one more shot, and really test her fitness. This could be an issue if Sabine isn't firing

#37 ·
Sabine played Heather before in 2010 when she came back from her injury, 2 times and H2h is 1-1 so it won´t be easy.
But I think that it is good for Sabine to play someone like Heather, she will give her some rhythm at least, not some brainless ballbasher match like she had against Mattek or Cirstea.
Watson doesn´t have any bigger weapons to hurt Sabine but she is consistent and that could be already enough to beat Sabine but I hope that Sabine improved again since NY and that she is able to show a decent match, then she should be abel to win it, wouldn´t be surprised obviously if it would go to 3 sets still! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.