Here's an interview from Glas Slavonije (Croatian newspaper, for those who don't know), and it says, among other things, that her next tournament is "a challenger in China", so unless the news of Beijing is something that happened in the past few hours, it's probably incorrect. So, here's the link for those of you who want to read, and below I'll list the most important facts from it in English.
- she'll spend a week in her hometown (where there was a press conference yesterday), then travel to London where she'll spend two weeks preparing for a challenger in China
- Fed cup captain Majoli says she is a great thing for women's tennis, as she has personality, confidence, talent, game, looks etc.
- about tears after the final; "Of course I was disappointed. After all, what kind of an athlete is OK with a defeat. I wanted that title."
- overall she is thrilled with how Tashkent played out for her; energy levels were not what caused the defeat, because Begu played a lot too; it says how Begu defeated Wozniacki and took a set off Azarenka recently; "She was the better one and deserved to win the title."
- "I'm not a person who wants to take it slow. I want it all right away. Doesn't matter that I'm only 16. It's not too early for the finals. Wouldn't even be for the title."
- Will there be more WTA's for her this year? "I don't know. That's on the coach to decide. I don't bother myself with that, I just practice and work hard for the next event."
- Starting the season at #392 she is now close to a place that leads into the MD of a GS. "Australia is far, there's a lot of time until Melbourne. But it's important that we're heading towards our goal."
- she started making money ($19k in Tashkent), but compared to annual costs (up to €200k), that's a drop in the sea; her father took bank loans a long time ago, they have an investor from England, there are Yonex and Nike in the picture now, as well as StarWing Sports management (after IMG and Lagardere)
- Felgate is working for her far below market price
solely because of her talent and prospects
Oh, btw, the title reads: "Doesn't matter I'm only 16, I already want to take it all".