- View Single Post - News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2012, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
country flag crazillo
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
WTA had to act imho. If ES rather shows summer ski-jumping over a WTA-Tour semifinal/final then you have to protect your product. They basically gave the WTA no priority or protection. From handball to motorsports to youth football to snooker to summer ski-jumping. What´s next? Snow long-jumping over the WTA Championships? I won´t miss ES coverage.
Well, tennis has definitely been outsourced a lot ever since ES 2 was on air. ES themselves had always stated they had never aired more tennis than in the respective year though. I for sure will miss it. I don't mind streams but if I can enjoy tennis on my 40'' HDTV, then I will.
On the other hand, ES did not pay a lot to the WTA tour so I can somehow understand their new strategy. Maybe ES just can't afford a massive increase of money to pay the WTA as much as they would have liked.

Thank you for all these moments over the last years! Supporting you till the last point you will play! FORZA!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome